STILL can't hit AMC-3 RGGHHHH!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bama

Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
North-West, Alabama
:( Well, I seriously need some help and I'm not exactly a newbie either, check this out. I've hit just about every satellite out there using my reciever (Coolsat pro or Fortec Lifetime Ultra) as my "satellite meter"... I know this isn't the professional thing to do, but hey it works GREAT for me. I've borrowed a Jayco Ventures Inc, Signaloc-pro aka sat hawk 3000 which is supposidly the best you can get this side of the spectrum stuff out of Sweden. BUT THIS thing sucks! I've read the instruction a million time and yes it works, but the parameters are not set worth a crap, you have to lock onto a sat. then adjust, well what if you can't hit a sat. with it since it's not working well...???? This is where I'm stuck and I've tried multiple lnb's, direct lines into it, tried it through my SG2100 and nothing worth a dang... Any advice, I usually drop in a dish in minutes (without a motor) with a tv setup and a reciever for my "meter", but this ones WAY up on a house and can't get anything. What other meters are there out there that'll do FTA (NOT DSS only meters, such as birdog's....) that work well...

The Birdog will work for both KU and DBS, what ever you have stored on it. But you are right these positive Identification meters need to be calibrated on the satellite.

I use the below to find AMC-3

DFreq. 11734 MHz (V) SR : 6.102 Msps (99% signal quality)

If the motor has been set up correctly then the satellite is there, maybe remove the motor and try finding it (again) with a fixed dish.

Bama
This may sound corny, but since you use the meter on the receiver, try this

subsititute the KU for a DBS (If you have one...your sig says you do) and try to hit Nimiq 1, which is ExpressVu's slot.

Once you hit that, put the other LNB right next to the DBS one on the left (of standig behind the dish)...get a good look at the location..that would be where 87 is (AMC3). Swap it out and aim there. Should work much better

It sounds stupid, but thats how I got 95 the first time :)

Iceberg, I'll try that tomorrow, I'm trying to find a small tv to carry up there, I haven't had ANY luck with this new meter, anyone got experience with a birddog? I've used one a few times in my DBS install days and it ROCKED compared to the SATHAWK (junk). Birdog's are very user friendly vs. the sathawk, but i didn't know they did reg. Mpeg-2 fta also.... Hum....... Cool... Any other ideas? I'm going to put the motor back on, line straight to the LNB with a DSS (actually I have a dual DSS/FTA lnb now) and shoot for BEV on Nimiq and try to hit AMC3 nearby like Iceberg said, but man that meter is junk. It's TV time again....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts