Still having trouble getting ONE last channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
NBC affiliate, WCMH 4 in Columbus....not coming in clear.

4.2 a weather channel, is fine.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...r+antenna&kw=indoor+antenna&parentPage=search

I was using plain ol' rabbit ears, and got everything fine, except for these two channels. I switched to the antenna listed above, and I get the 4.2, just having lots of probs with 4.1

The weirdest thing? I live 4 miles from their antenna, and it is pretty much an unobstructed view. Its the closest of all the local stations to me.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Could you describe what you mean by 'prob(lem)s'? Do you mean digital ghosting (which would mean a multipath problem, an attenuator may help there)? dropouts? or what?

Sassan said:
NBC affiliate, WCMH 4 in Columbus....not coming in clear.

4.2 a weather channel, is fine.

I was using plain ol' rabbit ears, and got everything fine, except for these two channels. I switched to the antenna listed above, and I get the 4.2, just having lots of probs with 4.1

The weirdest thing? I live 4 miles from their antenna, and it is pretty much an unobstructed view. Its the closest of all the local stations to me.

Suggestions?

Thanks

First verify that 4.2 is fine. If so, it is usually a problem with the encoder at the TV station. Call them and let them know. Ask for the engineering department. It's very likley that your receiver is more prone to the problem than most. Older Zenith/LG tuners and the MyHD card are known to be fussy with issues in the MPEG2 stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts