Please reply by conversation.

pdnettles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Garland, Tx
Thanks Guys :)

I now have a new problem and need help.

Yesterday I installed an Invacom universal LNB hoping to improve my reception and options.
I have two Rcvrs, a Coolsat Pro & a US electronics ORB 7500. I use the ORB for analog feeds from G10R, and it was working good with the single "normal" LNB (IO Freq 10750) I had. After installing the Invacom, I changed the LNB freq to "universal" on the Coolsat & it receives digital better ( more channels than I had), but I totally lost the analog reception I had been getting with the ORB.

I have looked all through the set-up & manual for the ORB and can find no place to change the LNB Freq. You only have the option of selecting LNBF, +18v, or 524 for the RF input. What have I done wrong, or what am I missing?
I wonder if the ORB is compatable with a "universal" LNBF? How would I know? How do I know if the Invacom is capable of analog reception?

I'm new to this satellite stuff and this forum. I have been doing a lot of studying on it, and am trying to catch up, but I've hit a snag here. Hope someone can give me a little help.

PD

The problem with a Universal is there is 2 frequency ranges
standard (what frequencies we normally use)
extended (what makes a Universal better)

Here is the problem
A Universal actually has 2 frequency ranges...so to help this, there is a 22k "tone" that tells the LNB what to pick up
when you want the extended frequencies...no tone is sent
when you want standard frequencies...a tone is sent

How are the receivers set up? Is the line "split" to the 2 receivers or are you "slaving" the analog (where you hook a line from the DVB receiver to the analog)

I am assuming its the split technique because the analog is only getting the Extended frequencies.
You will need to "slave" your analog

See if the DVB receiver has a "loop out" or "satellite out". Hook a line from that to the input of the analog. Whatever polarity you have the DVB receiver on, the analog follows (this is how I have my Toshiba analog hooked to the Pansat DVB)

Thanks Iceburg,

I'm using the "loop through" of the Coolsat to feed the analog Orb.

I Just ran on the roof, changed back to my original Lnb and did get to receive the feed I watch.
Problem is: This particular feed is only on fo 20 min twice-a-day (12:05p-12:25p & 10:00p-10:20p), so my window of trial & tribulation is pretty small.

It seems that the problem has got to be with the IO Freq doesn't it?

PD

Is this the Texas lottery feed by chance ;)

Yes thats the problem...the default (0K) frequencies are the extended band. If a manufactuer made one that was bass ackwards (make the extended 22k), it would work fine

Yep you hit it on the head...It's the Tx Lottery feed we watch. Do you watch it too?

What do I do to work this problem out?

I'm in MN :)

During the Div. II football playoffs, North Dakota Fighting Sioux used that TP for a road game (that started at 2:00 Central), so when they had a home game that started at 1, I tuned to that channel early and saw the Texas Lottery feed :)

I forgot what polarity that's on....All you would have to do is turn on the Coolsat to a channel (G10) with the same polarity...It should work then

Is your unit motorized?

Yes I'm using an SG 2100 motor.

I thought I had it on a channel with the same polarity, but maybe I did'nt. What I've been doing is going to the installation menu of the coolsat, going to motor settings (so I can move the dish), then watch the analog & bump the dish back & forth to get a good pic. Sounds funky, but it had been working.
I'm still having trouble receiving more Sats than G10R. Been fooling with the polar mount, and don't guess I've got it yet. Found a web site that had instructions for a "modified" polar mount the increased the dish Ele by .66 deg and decreased the dish tilt by the same amount. Was supposed to help reception of the Sats on the ens of the arc without effecting the southern ones. Ever heard of this technique? Help will certainly be appreciated.

PD

noamlly it should go to the satellite correctly

If you can get to AMC9 (83)...go there
TP19 analog is usually a test card (H polarity)
11775 H 4232 would be a digital signal
That will allow you to test the LNB :)

Thanks Iceberg for all your help:)
Going to go try to start over with dish tilt & see if I can "see" some more sats.
Will try to keep working on this analog problem as well:)

PD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can a Ditectv LNB be used for FTA at all?

My True South Satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)