Still no luck with ABC HD waiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike_augie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
S.W. Okla
Well is it just me or does ABC stations just not grant waivers...I am in Okla and all the posts I have seen about getting waivers, they seem to be about ABC I got approved for fox,cbs,nbc and have tried twice and even emailed the station in the city with no luck....Is there anything else I can do to get my wavier approved. I am over 50 miles away for the nearest tower, and dont really want it up for just 1 station so just asking for ideas for the wavier to get approved thanks for any help...just waiting for OKC in HD but if they are going by the nelisons We are like 46 so dont know if it will even be this year or not.

Ashevlle, NC here
I have found it extremely difficult to get waivers. I was successful in getting a waiver from the local CBS station. I can recieve ABC, Fox and Public on a set of rabbit ears. Stations I think are holding out for the LIL HD so that they can see some revenue. That's business I guess.

If you are south of OKC you are probably out of luck anyway. KOCO broadcasts their digital signal in an hourglass shape to protect analog channel 7 in Lawton. I know people in Norman that can't get KOCO.

Keep callin' back and finally one of the DTV reps will turn your DNS, or Local Channels w/out battin' an eye. They are so overwhelmed with calls, they'll hook you up just ta get ya off the line! Be persistent!!

Stonedtone420 said:
Keep callin' back and finally one of the DTV reps will turn your DNS, or Local Channels w/out battin' an eye. They are so overwhelmed with calls, they'll hook you up just ta get ya off the line! Be persistent!!
And this kind of bonehead advice is WHY the D* CSRs are so overwhemed! If you play "CSR roulette" then don't EVER complain about long hold times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts