Still waiting and waiting and waiting for the HD GUI...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Still no HD GUI on my hr34. My 25 has had the update since day one. This is getting really old. :mad:

Its in the weekend CE firmwares well..there isn't one this weekend for the HR34. I snagged one last week and it works well.

you're going to keep on waiting a bit longer unless you participate in the ce and tolerate some of the few growing pains of the software. :)

you're going to keep on waiting a bit longer unless you participate in the ce and tolerate some of the few growing pains of the software. :)

Brand new to Direct (switched from Dish).. what is the CE, and how can I sign up? (guessing that "CE" is too short of a search phrase)

thanks,
Mike

I will say this, they have been VERY slow in developing the HR34 software. I've had one a month now, been on two CEs, and there are many bugs they aren't even touching yet.

It may be a few months before the HD interface rolls to the HR34 depending on how many bugs they work on before a rollout.

At some point they need to get some of the HR2x development folks working on the HR34, speed up the progress.

And we got no new CE last night. The current moderate risk is still doing OK for me, but needs work. Im betting April before you see a customer candidate.

gigahurtz said:
Does that mean that the release from that day will be released to customers? I would assume it would.

No, it's a test. The CE software is work in progress and it's tweaked and sometimes completely scrapped. It is a nice program to participate in though, you get the chance to see what Directv has in the works and get the perks early then most

I will say this, they have been VERY slow in developing the HR34 software. I've had one a month now, been on two CEs, and there are many bugs they aren't even touching yet.

It may be a few months before the HD interface rolls to the HR34 depending on how many bugs they work on before a rollout.

At some point they need to get some of the HR2x development folks working on the HR34, speed up the progress.

Peggy and the crew from USA Prime Credit do DirecTV firmware upgrades on their 2nd shift.

MY HR34 is so awesome. At first I didn't mind the older interface, but as I get used to the new HD interface on my other Televisions, I just got to have it on my HR34. Its just seems "Old" without the software update.

I'm a new customer who did the CE update. I haven't noticed a single issue(unless it's just not obvious and I don't know any better with how the new UI is supposed to function) with it. Works a lot better than the old UI which was extremely, extremely slow for me.

I too wish they would hurry up on the new UI. I had a HR34 with two HD receivers installed last weekend, and while I haven,t gotten too much time to play with it yet I do like what I have been able to mess with. Really so far my only complaints are the UI (it just looks dated), and the sluggishness of it (My E. VIP722k was lightning fast). I have however seem to notice that after its been on for some time it seems to be quite a bit faster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts