Still waiting for new SmartCard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sjpvt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone else has run into a similar problem with BEV. I live in Vermont. Back in October, I emailed my BEV "broker" in Canada regarding the new Smart Card. He said he would watch for it and get it to me as soon as he receives it. Then, in late October, I lost all of my HD Network channels (which is why I subscribe to BEV in the first place). So, I contact my broker again, he contacts BEV and they claim that I do not need a new Smart Card. After a couple of weeks of my broker trying to convince them that I do (I get the "need new Smart Card error message when I try to select one of my HD channels), they finally promise to send the new card right away. It is now almost Christmas, and they still have not sent it. Everytime my broker calls them, they promise that it is in the mail. My broker claims that he has spent at least five hours on the phone with BEV over this issue since October. Can this be for real? Can any company be really screwing up as bad as BEV apparently is in this case? Or, is there something else going on here?
Help!! :eek:
Stephen

Something else is going on! Has your broker been paying the bill or bell is not sure were
reciever is? It's one or the other, most of the time it is the broker who is behind the issue!

All Bell HD sub's, NFL and Playboy have the new yellow rom 102 cards now. Your broker is feeding you a line of BS. Demand acton quick, like a week or tell him you will leave.

My guess is your broker did not even give you a legit sub, sent you a hacked card, that would explain the delay.

Answer me this: How does it work if you want to watch a PPV?

Thanks for the responses. Actually, everything worked great for the first year. It wasn't until the new Smart Card issue came up, that I began to run into problems. The broker does not pay my bills to BEV. My credit card is charged directly by BEV. Supposedly, all the broker is doing is setting up a PO box in Canada. I have never tried using PPV because it was my understanding that I should absolutely not connect my 6100 receiver to a phone line (or BEV would detect that it was a US receiver). Isn't that correct?

I don't mean too be rude but is this post a joke, why didn't you mention 6100
before, no smart card at all, read manual!! Most answers are wright under are noses. I think you have a 6000 not a 6100, is your reciever black or silver? This is a 6100, smart card slot is for future applications, no cards are sent to 6100 at all. I take it your card is blue/white not yellow, can you try to purchase adult
programming because this will only work with new smart card also.

Attachments

• DSC00680.JPG
    DSC00680.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00681.JPG
    DSC00681.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00682.JPG
    DSC00682.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 176
Woops....my mistake. I have the 6000 receiver, not the 6100. As far as my broker is concerned, I would be very surprised if this is the cause of the problems. I know it is a reputable company that many folks on these forums have used. I just pay the broker $50 per year for the Canada address and paperwork processing. The billing from ExpressVu is done directly to my credit card.

Are there any significant new features with the 6100 versus 6000 receiver? Maybe upgrading to the 6100 would be a way to solve the problem. Of course, I don't suppose it would be the most economical solution.

Hey sorry for the delay, did you get your unit working properly? Yes the 6100 is far better then the 6000, it's like comparing the old cadillac to the new cadillac. I had the a few 6000's sold them all and picked up 3 6100's and love them over the 6000's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)