Still Watching C-Band!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello All -

I've been away for a long time. However, I still enjoy watching C-Band every night. I still remember and appreciate all the expert advice I got here. I like 360 North, MeTv, Movies!, PBS, DW, RT, Heartland, RetroTV. I've been busy working on getting my new FM Radio Station on the air here in Santa Clarita. Gonna help a friend plant a couple 10 footers and a couple Ku dishes in Castaic and Piru.

Reactions: Titanium
Yeah it's certainly not like the old days, now those were fun!. C-band is still alive but as the technology changed so did the way to view it. Wish I had taken pictures of the old setups and equipment before I got rid of it. This was 25 years ago and now we are finding new ways to get c-band signals with smaller dishes, digital receivers, etc. Still fun to this day!!!

Hello All -

It's nice to help your friends, but as far as I'm concerned, mums the word. If you remember, the word got out on C-Band in the good old days and the 1st thing you knew, everyone was encrypting their signals. Around here, the big dishes all but disappeared, so there isn't a lot of easy fixes to get people back into C-Band without spending a few bucks. While I have a couple new actuators for the big dish and various other components and receivers, I'm not letting them go for obvious reasons. I love getting channels on my old dish, but it still annoys me when I get the "Ole Digital Drop Out' during bad weather.

Never had those problems with analog. I'm glad they aren't as bad as those useless clubs known as cell phones. Never work when you need them, always work when you don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts