STL Cardinals Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have a customer who is interested in FTA for the purpose of getting to watch some Cardinals baseball. He has DISH and the Fox Sports multi-pack but only occasionally can get pre-season games but his complaint is that he can't get regular season games because of blackouts on DISH.

I promised I would look into this for him. Any Cards fans getting all the games?

Did he look into the MLB Extra Innings package? That should get him a large percentage of Cardinals games. If games are still blacked out then his DISH service address might in the St Louis market area, in which case, the local channels should be carrying the game. If he still gets black outs then he might need to "move" his service address to an out of market location. I have MLB/EI pkg and get most every game.

DISH does not have MLB Extra Innings any more.
Yeah, I just realized that after checking the DISH web site. I have DirecTV. So the option would be to convert to DirecTV or maybe cable for MLB/EI. There's also MLB.TV which might have some games to watch on PC.

Phoenix should not have any MLB/EI blackout unless the game is also being carried on a local station. Those out-of-market Fox sports packages are useless because of the blackouts. If he doesn't want to replace DISH with DirecTV then he could add DirecTV's cheapest base pkg $30/mo + MLB/EI $179 for the season.

I have a customer who is interested in FTA for the purpose of getting to watch some Cardinals baseball.

if he wants to go the FTA route, the only games that are on FTA are the 20 or so games that KSDK 5 carries. They are simulcasted on a couple of station on Galaxy 10. But otherwise he would need MLB EI

While you can't get all the games, there have been a fair amount of St. Louis Cardinal games free-to-air on G10R (123W). The channels I've seen Cardinal games on are KPBI, KFDF and KWBF. However, looking at the Cardinal's broadcast schedule for 2008, I don't see any spring training games scheduled for these stations.

Last edited:
Wilde

the only games on those stations are the ones from KSDK 5 (the OTA games). They are simulcasted on the 3 stations you posted. The Royals also do that with the 14 or 15 OTA games they have too.

And WNGS from Buffalo. They carry Indians, Yankees and Mets games according to their website. The Mets should play Cardinals a few times in a season.

Wilde

the only games on those stations are the ones from KSDK 5 (the OTA games). They are simulcasted on the 3 stations you posted. The Royals also do that with the 14 or 15 OTA games they have too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)