Strange 722K remote problem!

radtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Northern Michigan
For the last several days I have noticed that one of my UHF remotes was working very poorly. I have two UHF remotes and the one in the room farthest from the 722K seemed to be intermittent. I brought the other one into same room and it too was intermittent. So I figured it was not the remotes or the batteries in them. I did change the batteries in one of them just to be sure. No luck!

So, I figured something must have changed in the rf path between the 722K and the remotes. But what? I decided to extend the small uhf receive antenna by extending it to the ceiling in the room where the 722K is located. The remotes worked better in the far room, but still not like they used to. What gives?

Finally, I re-installed the uhf antenna on the back of the 722K and did what I should have done to start with. I did a cold 'boot' of the 722K. The problem was fixed. Both uhf remotes have been working fine all day now, just like they used to. Go figure!

Who knows, maybe the processor or the internal modulator was generating some kind of spur on the frequency I have the remotes set to. If it happens again, I think I will try changing the remote control address and see if that helps.

Anyway, all is well for now.

Ed

Buy 4 two way splitters that will pass over 1ghz. they can be kinda spendy. hook one up on the back of each receiver backwards going into the tv2 port and the antenna port. Then go behind each tv2 and put the other splitters with the antenna off one port and the other port going to the tv. If you have the warranty with your service it will only cost you $15 to have a tech come out and do it for you. They call this a piggy back and it works great.