strange antenna problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

amnesiac

Original poster
May 30, 2004
hey guys..
I seem to have a strange problem and really don't know where to go for help. I saw someone else post an antenna problem so I figure there may be someone here who knows what's going on.

I have a couple RCA tv's in my home and on my TV, I had just a simple rabbit ears antenna *UHF and VHF* , and it has it's own little signal booster, Radio Shack brand. Anyway, this was working fine for some time then one day I lost all nearly all the channels. Only 5, 9, and 11 remain. The rest are complete static not even a hint of a channel.

I tried the antenna out on another of my tv's, and to my shock all the channels were there.. So I assume the antenna is not defective as I first thought. I bring it back again to my tv, and again the channels are not there.
Anyone have an idea how to fix this?
I tried to unplug the tv and hope it resets but it didn't. I tried looking for a way to set to antenna mode but can't seem to find it. My remote has an "antenna" button but I don't know what for. It doesnt' seem to do anything. Going to Menu>Channel> does not have a selector for input, just 1. auto channel search 2 list and labels 3 auto tuning..

Nothing works.. anyone have an idea why I can't get the channels in the upper range?

Go into the menu of your TV and select over the air reception instead of cable. You probably had a power failure and the TV defaulted to cable reception.

yeah it's definitely something with my TV.. Every other tv in the house, the antenna works.

I went through the Menu and channel settings but no where in there is an option for Antenna. Like I said, there is an antenna button on my remote but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What about that auto tuning selection? Perhaps that will scan the received frequencies from the antenna. Perhaps not hard to say without the manual but worth a shot.

no.. that don't work either. anyway.. I found a workaround.. I happened to have just bought a capture card for my computer.. I put the antenna thru there and get all the channels and then video out to my tv.. and there they are.
I usually watch the satellite tv in the other rooms so it's not that huge a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts