Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpes

Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
The Facts:
Directv
2 18" Round Dishes, 1 for 101; 2nd for 72.5 locals
101 is a Dual LNB; 72.5 is Dual LNB with only 1 connection (is this right?)
Zinwell Multiswitch (from Directv)
3 Tivo units; 2 Standard receivers

Very intermittent - when watching locals, the local channel will either receive bleed over from a completely different station (both audio & video) or we will see the picture degrade and freeze (loosing audio as well). Last for a second or two then returns to normal viewing. When this condition occurs, it happens every 5 to 7 seconds. Thinking the problem might be associated with the 72.5 dish(locals), I replaced the LNB on the 72.5 dish. No luck. BTW, the 72.5 dish is connected to the Flexport of the multiswitch.

When this happens, it happens on all receivers.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Since it happens on all receivers and only with your locals my guess is it has to be the multiswitch. The "bleeding" probably means the multiswitch is occasionally giving you a channel from 101 instead of the one you selected from 72.5. I do not believe it could be the LNB because that could not give you signal from a different satellite. If it happens on all your receivers the only common element is the multiswitch. I assume from your description it is a WB68 and your cable from 72.5 is plugges into flexport 1...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts