strange call from india

pepper rex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I recently received a call from somebody who identified himself as a dish csr calling from india. I was offered a discount on an hd package but was told I had to give my credit card information to proceed with this.I declined the offer and have 2 questions
1-is dish now outsourcing csr calls to India
1= is it usual practice to ask for credit card number before processing an upgrade

Yes & No

I recently received a call from somebody who identified himself as a dish csr calling from india. I was offered a discount on an hd package but was told I had to give my credit card information to proceed with this.I declined the offer and have 2 questions
1-is dish now outsourcing csr calls to India
1= is it usual practice to ask for credit card number before processing an upgrade

1 csr's in India = Yes
2 No don't do it. There's another thread about this but not sure where. It's a company that is stealing E* and moving them over to D*. Just like what you said.

While Dish does have call centers overseas, they also have at least 10 call centers here in the US.
Those CSR's (either state side or other) wouldn't be calling you to upgrade.

You were called by some P.O.S. retailer using a process center to drum up business, don't give them you business, unless you give them THE business...

And it has nothing to do with satellite or retailers. It is just a pretense to get your credit card number.

No legitimate business would ever call a customer and ask for a CC number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)