Strange checkswitch setup problems, please help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SlowSL

Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
indiana
Receiver is a VIP211, when doing a checkswitch, I get something along these lines...

below images are using Legacy LNB's on 110, 119, Diseqc switch.
201004072116_028.jpg

201004072117_029.jpg

Originally for troubleshooting, I swapped out my living room receiver for the new receiver to test, this was on my new eastern arc 1000.4 dish, DPP w/ the internal switch, and I got a similar screen, only one port seemed to be good, and if I remember correctly, it said SWAJ for switch type on that.
Another strange thing I noticed when pointing the 500 w/ this receiver, that it would seem to randomly hit a signal for about 3 seconds (would not fluctuate, but frozen) then would loose the signal, immediately after would pop up saying "scanning for satellites" and reset all the info, including the signal meter goes back to 0, the zip code, transponder, dish type, and target satellite would reset to default. The box is brand new and just got my new smart card installed. The common denominator is the box, as my other VIP boxes work w/ the switches on both the 500 & 1000.4. Is my box junk or am I missing something? Going on about 3 days of troubleshooting and still nothing. what can I try? Please help!

Well, talked to a tech & came to the conclusion that the box is defective. Guess I will have to try to get the seller to swap it for another unit or get a refund, this stinks.

I have seen this too when there was a short in the co-ax cable between receiver and dish.

That would be awesome if that was all it was, however it's not. I took my working VIP722k out and directly swapped in the 211 to test, and no go. Also setup a completely separate 500 dish and tried, same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)