Strange college football recruiting story

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
ESPN - Investigation looks into prep opting for school that didn't recruit - Insider

Well, today is national signing day, and a friend sent me this story. It's one of the strangest things I've ever read.

Students, television and newsprint reporters packed the gym at Fernley (Nev.) High School to hear offensive lineman Kevin Hart give a verbal commitment to play football at the University of California. He chose Cal over Oregon.
"They really sold me," Hart said, according to USA Today. "Coach [Jeff] Tedford and I talked a lot, and the fact that the head coach did most of the recruiting of me kind of gave me the real personal experience."
The only problem … neither Cal nor Oregon recruited Hart.
Now, it's a "law enforcement investigation," said Fernley football coach Mark Hodges, according to the newspaper.

Wow that is strange, somebody impersonating the coach.

I was looking at the size of this kid, he must really suck, if he's that big and didn't attract any attention from Div. 1 schools.
On rivals.com it said something like he "lacks quickness and upper-body strength." Which is a nice way of saying he's slow and weak.

How did this kid get this past his parents and coach? Didn't anybody not notice the lack of California and Oregon recruiters around the house, phone, field? And what was this kid planning on doing when fall rolled along, and he and no football team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)