Bobby Knight, Texas Tech...resigns!

Why would he do this in the middle of the season? I admired his coaching, and he he really did care about his players, and he ran an honest program everywhere he has been. But he could be such an a$$hole at times....

With his overly abrasive personality, it could be just about ANY conflict with the college staff. My guess is he got his 900 wins and decided to hang up his spurs shortly thereafter.

I didn't think he would ever quit coaching. I figured he would die on the court.

I am sure some hoped he would. To me, no big deal...he is a a$$h*** that does not deserve human recognition. Great coach, absolutely TERRIBLE human being.

Yes he was a great coach and a horrible person.

It's "Bob" (now) Knight and he has 902 victories.
Ask Isiah if he is a horrible person...
Many of his people claim he is not.
I don't know, never met him...
:)

It's "Bob" (now) Knight and he has 902 victories.
Ask Isiah if he is a horrible person...
Many of his people claim he is not.
I don't know, never met him...
:)

So smacking kids and choking them is ok???? That is why I think he is a horrible person. He can never come up with a good reason to allow him to do that.

Something nobody has mentioned yet: He quit on his team! After all those years of preaching to his players about finishing what they started, to never quit...etc. Would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I ever played for him.

So smacking kids and choking them is ok???? That is why I think he is a horrible person. He can never come up with a good reason to allow him to do that.

I said I don't know, never met him, NEVER said anything he did was OK.
READ the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)