Strange days for FTAers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
I know it is hard to find answers for everyone's problems. I know there are good people working to find answers. I know some people have guides while others don't. I know that some people have followed the alternate steps and it worked, and others tried and it didn't work. People are also showing different lists of channels and the hits just keep coming, pardon my pun.

I found at least one new channel since the change over which was not seen by me in the past. It is ITC and it is listed below. I have lost some channels too, just like the rest of you. But all and all I still love my big dishes and when I get all my paid channels up and working, I will be a happy camper.

That is the problem. I post the following in a different thread earlier today and have not received a response as of this writing. Please read below.

I have what seems to be a different problem. I apologize if I am only covering info posted somewhere else, but have been reading all morning.

The 922 that I had programing on died after a power failure two days ago. Fortunately I have several and replaced the dead one with a 922 that has a new battery. My current 922 was out of the stream for at least four years. When I checked the Sat titles by using the remote and 644, I had 66 satellites listed including all the generics. The problem is there's was not a title for W5 or X4. So I checked the generic Sats and found that the only one that came close to what is needed for W5 was CF. I programed it in at the W5 location and found a DCII channel and green light. I went to WEBsams, entered the 922 ID info and pressed Rehit. It worked and X4 showed up, but no W5. I now have 11 hits on the trip counter and 4562 channel count. Would the channel count tell us anything regarding what my 922 is doing?

Here is the problem. X4 has only 3 channels, 255 TCM, 400 ESPN Classic and 643 GSN. CF on the other hand has Movie channels not in the clear from120 to 369 all mixed up skipping channels in between the two numbers. CF has opened up some of my paid channels but not all and they jump around and over empty channels. I have channels 440, 441, 443, 446, 451, 452, 520, 527, 532, and ESPN Classic at channel 131. There is at least one channel playing right now that is not listed as a channel available to me. In fact, it is not listed anywhere I have now checked, and it is OWN. My receiver is taking hits from the 4160 EMM provider on both X4 and CF, but my channels are not numbered in the way Programing Center said they should be.

I don't get half of my paid stations. I've tried everything this morning and I now have brain lock. Could someone explain how to fix this problem? I just hope someone knows how.

Thanks

OK, I understand now. I think I read something about that the other day when nothing was working for me.

Thanks.

first you need to remove the x4 satellite from the programmed satellites. then tune to w5 602 and let it update your x4 maps (if you dont have w5 602 then try to manually tune freq 1430.000). i am showing 4782 channels on my 922. unplug your reciever and wait 30 seconds then plug it back in. add x4 back to your programmed sats and it should have all the x4 channels.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)