Strange Guide Problem - local channels

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
I know the issue with Tribune guide information and local channels has been discussed before, but could someone explain this. I am in the Albany DMA. During the winter months, I can reliably get some OTA stations to the east of me - wggb, wgby in Springfield and wuni in Worcester. Last yea,r wuni populated the dish program guide on both my 722 and 622 receivers perfectly. This year the guide just says digital service. WGGB has never populated the guide info (it just says digital service) [Can anyone in Springfield tell me if their guide info is correct for this channel]. But, here is the strangest one - wgby says digital service on the main channel (.1) but the guide is correct and full for (.2-.4) (the subchannels). So it must recognize the channel since it fills out the subchannel guide info. I am emailing dish about it, but I thought I might also ask the question here. We had issues with the ION program description a while ago and Dish was able to fix it, though it took over 6 months. Obviously, there are other ways too get programming information, but having it on the receiver is most convenient.

Do you subscribe to the DMA through Dish year round? Unless it has changed, in order to have the programming listed in the EPG, you have to subscribe to them.

i am in the Albany DMA and have locals included in my subscription. The other stations are out of my DMA, but you do get out of market EPG information as long as you subscribe to any locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts