Strange happenings with Dish service

59allstate

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Hi!

Hope someone out there can help me. My wife is ready to kill someone over these issues and you can guess who is first in her crosshairs :)

Here's our story. We have a VIP622 (main tv) and another lesser VIP (blanking on model #) on a second TV. We recently had a new roof put on the house and the contractor had to take the dishes down. He was able to get them back installed and for 2 weeks we had no issues. Then we had some heavy winds and we were getting "Complete Signal Loss" errors so we scheduled a service appt.

Service came and decided to move the locations of our 2 dishes for some reason. So he installs and all seems good - all channels back and running.

For about 24 hours. Now we are back to getting signal losses. And BOTH DVRs are acting so crazy. Nothing is taping (no red lights) but Program Guide will show 5 things being taped simultaneously. Or 1 thing will be taping, and when you go to change channels, it says it will say it needs to stop recording something that isn't even taping. And a bunch of other crazy symptoms. And this crap is happening on both receivers. I have Dish coming back in 2 days but any suggestions on what could be causing these issues?

Thanks!
Nate

Thanks, guys. Just curious... can signal from the dishes cause the strange DVR behavior?

Thanks, guys. Just curious... can signal from the dishes cause the strange DVR behavior?

Yes it can lead to all sorts of problems.The receivers when they lose signal lose important data which leads to strange issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts