Status
Please reply by conversation.

danpeters

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Altoona, PA
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. Lately, when I turn to my local channels, I see the "This program is not available in your area..." message for about 5 to 15 seconds, then the channel will come in. This only seems to be happening on my HDVR2, not the D10. I have 4 wires from my triple LNB dish hooked to the 4 standard 13/18V inputs on my Zinwell 6x8 switch and have my 72.5 dish hooked to Flexport 1.

This only seems to be happening when I turn to a local channel from a regular (101) channel. Once I am on a local channel and flip to another one, it will come on instantly. I have the Johnstown/Altoona, PA locals.

The only thing I have changed recently is I upgraded from an 18 inch dish to a triple LNB and upgraded my Eagle Aspen 4x4 switch to a Zinwell 6x8 switch. All signals are good on all satellites and transponders.

Is is possible that it takes the HDVR2 longer to "pull" the local channel from the Flexport as opposed to the Sat B 18v input that I was using on the 4x4 switch?

I called DirecTV and a CSR told me to keep my eye on it and if it keeps happening they would send me a new receiver.

Any input would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts