Strange new oddity with L2.53 on the 522

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
I got L2.53 early this morning and noticed that my DVR recorded an event that had no timer set-up for it. It recorded an episode of Crossing Jordan on A&E. If the guide had simply been incorrect and the DVR thought it was recorded another event, the info for the event wouldn't have been correct. (For instance, if the guide said that it was supposed to be an episode of Airline but A&E switched at the last moment and aired something else, the DVR event would be labeled Airline and not Crossing Jordan.) It's labeled as Crossing Jordan in the DVR menu and it is an episode of Crossing Jordan so I don't know what it was doing.

And the garbage data problem in the progress bar which I haven't seen in about 20 versions is back. Gotta love "1144078hr 39min" remaining of Conan!

I have had my 522 record stuff 'out of the blue' too.. stuff I have never even heard of. Rare.. but it does happen.

well that would explaine those weird recrodings showing up on my 625 i thought it was my roomie when i asked he was like what the hell is this stuff. Now i know i am not crazy.

The first time I saw this was when the thing tried recently to order a PPV! Thankfully, it did bring up the "are you sure" screen. I'm sure the CSR would buy the story that it did it all by itself!

I wonder if my recent trouble is with the software. Maybe I should not have had them send me out a new unit.

lilexecutioner said:
well that would explaine those weird recrodings showing up on my 625 i thought it was my roomie when i asked he was like what the hell is this stuff. Now i know i am not crazy.
by the way teh 625 would maybe be ondemand stuff

I wonder if some of these occurrences are due to a neighbor's UHF remote that's set to the same address as yours. If so, you might see it change channels by itself too.

maximum said:
I wonder if some of these occurrences are due to a neighbor's UHF remote that's set to the same address as yours. If so, you might see it change channels by itself too.

No for three reasons: (1) My neighbors have cable, DirecTV, cable, cable, cable, and cable, clockwise beginning at the south. (2) I used one of the tricks posted here to use a non-standard remote address, 25 to be exact. (3) The history indicates the event was by User 1 on TV1 which is the IR remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)