strange phone call about my account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I believe in the past there have been shady retailers that would "upgrade" packages by setting up a new account at Dish. Essentially scamming Dish by trying to claim a new customer install when it was really an existing customer. It should not make any difference to a retailer what package to which you subscribe.

It is also possible that it was a third party company representing a channel that is in the higher tier trying to get more Dish subs.

I believe in the past there have been shady retailers that would "upgrade" packages by setting up a new account at Dish. Essentially scamming Dish by trying to claim a new customer install when it was really an existing customer. It should not make any difference to a retailer what package to which you subscribe......

Well, we've certainly read here of such things happening before.

If there is a way to scam thins someone will.

For awhile the treasury was desperate to get the presidential gold coins in circulation. They were selling them over the net at face value with no shipping. People were purchasing them in bulk by credit card with reward points then goin to their bank to pay the bill with the very same coins. The banks shipped them back to the treasury. So very few coins were put in circulation but the treasury was out shipping costs and a few peole fiured out how to rack up reward points,

Same with installers if the system can be amed some will.

And dish will not do a thing that the phone interface, and thus the Caller Id, does not work on my 622. It did on the old one until the receiver failed. The replacement (factory refirbished) that dish sent had the problem with the phone interface. No ability to call out or answer.... But they say the Caller Id function is not important enough to replace the receiver. I think that is bunk. It is a feature advertised that does not work on this receiver. And I can't see the caller ID on my phone.. The TV display was a god-send but some young eyes person at dish said bunk.

And dish will not do a thing that the phone interface, and thus the Caller Id, does not work on my 622. It did on the old one until the receiver failed. The replacement (factory refirbished) that dish sent had the problem with the phone interface. No ability to call out or answer.... But they say the Caller Id function is not important enough to replace the receiver. I think that is bunk. It is a feature advertised that does not work on this receiver. And I can't see the caller ID on my phone.. The TV display was a god-send but some young eyes person at dish said bunk.
If it is working correctly on your phone and will not work on the receiver we can replace it. PM me with your account information and we can get this taken care of.

Does dish have a do not call list to be put on so I don't get marketing or sales calls. I'm allready on the national do not call list

Not that I want to get calls from them either, but I was under the impression that companies you do business with were exempt from the DNC list....

Not that I want to get calls from them either, but I was under the impression that companies you do business with were exempt from the DNC list....
That does not prevent Dish from creating a Do Not Call List for their existing customers as a voluntary effort.

That does not prevent Dish from creating a Do Not Call List for their existing customers as a voluntary effort.

While that is true, many companies respect the wishes of their customers and will not call them unless it is something important like payment. I would assume Dish will not call unless it is something important if the customer asked to be put on a do not call list. Dish would not want to annoy customers and make them change providers over something simple like this.

programming changed made without my approval(they added 44.99 per month international progra) ...noticed when got email and i have too argue with dish cs to waive $5 fee.....but dish cannot figureout who made changed to account without my approval.....

something need to be done.....on security part from dishnetwork

thanks

While that is true, many companies respect the wishes of their customers and will not call them unless it is something important like payment. I would assume Dish will not call unless it is something important if the customer asked to be put on a do not call list. Dish would not want to annoy customers and make them change providers over something simple like this.
I think you may have missed a post or two above...

Dish's do not call list - another because we can fee - $5.99 per month - Sign Up Today (lol). I better not give them any ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)