wanting to upgrade from VIP 612 to VIP 722k or 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mander1984

Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
midwest
I'm interested in upgrading to either a 722k or 922. I'd like the larger hard drive capacity. I would also like the ability to watch my recorder programs using dish online. I know I would need a sling adaptor to do that with the 722k. My question is, I started my contract in March of 2010. Would I have to pay to upgrade my DVR? If so, how much? If I waited until my contract expired, could I upgrade for free?

Thanks

The 922 will be a $200 upgrade at cheapest. The rest depends on your account.

Send me a private message with your phone number or account number and I'll get you more details.

upgrade to 922 like i did ..reall cool & Awsome unit in every level!
612 & 722 is old school

I don't think the 922 is worth the extra $100 + $4 a month just for a prettier interface and built-in sling. As for the larger hard drive, EHDs take care of that problem.

If money isn't tight and you love having the latest tech I'd go with 922. Otherwise the 722k with an EHD would do the trick. I myself have a 922 and an EHD but I sell dish and like to know the products. It actually didn't take much to fill the hard drive on the 922 and am close to 25% full on the EHD.

It may be a tad difficult to specify a ViP722K, as Dish considers the ViP622, ViP722 & ViP722K to all be equivalent. You can upgrade, ask for the "K" and then meet the truck and refuse delivery if he hasn't got a "K" for you. If the unit is delivered by UPS or such, and isn't clearly a "K" you can refuse delivery. At some small risk, of course, money wise.

Yet, I do not think the ViP922 is worth the extra expense. YMMV.

Get your equipment from a local retailer and increase your chances of getting the receiver you want. We only use the most recent receivers for new installs and upgrades. The older receivers we use for swapping out bad receivers.

Get your equipment from a local retailer and increase your chances of getting the receiver you want. We only use the most recent receivers for new installs and upgrades. The older receivers we use for swapping out bad receivers.

Absolutely support this as a good idea. Guaranteed to get what you want, or send them packing.

It may be a tad difficult to specify a ViP722K, as Dish considers the ViP622, ViP722 & ViP722K to all be equivalent. You can upgrade, ask for the "K" and then meet the truck and refuse delivery if he hasn't got a "K" for you. If the unit is delivered by UPS or such, and isn't clearly a "K" you can refuse delivery. At some small risk, of course, money wise.

Yet, I do not think the ViP922 is worth the extra expense. YMMV.

Or purchase new on eBay - verifying the unit with Dish prior to final purchase to make certain it was not placed into service and does not have an outstanding bill.

We have purchased all of our 722Ks this way for a lot less than they are available elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)