strange symbols on hopper 2000

lapplegate

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Henryville, IN
I recently started getting a strange symbol to show up along the bottom of my TV screen. It seems to have started with the S448 upgrade. It varies from one to three yellow symbols. It also comes and goes. It will display on different TVs that are viewing the same hopper. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?
symbols.jpg

I have S448 but haven't seen that yet. Does it only happen during certain watching, like recording, or live viewing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot find what triggers it. Sometimes it just appears with no activity. The bedroom TV has a bigger "zoom" format so I just see the tips of the symbols.

I recently started getting a strange symbol to show up along the bottom of my TV screen. It seems to have started with the S448 upgrade. It varies from one to three yellow symbols. It also comes and goes. It will display on different TVs that are viewing the same hopper. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix? View attachment 102813

This message is about a year and a half old, but describes my problem perfectly.

I have 2 HWS's and 2 old Joey's. The Hoppers firmware was 529 and then 530. This problem in on one of my Hoppers and on both firmware versions. If I reset the Hopper, it goes away, but returns randomly.

I plan to upgrade to 2 Hopper 3's when available.

I can live with this problem as long as it will not cause a catastrophic failure.

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

This message is about a year and a half old, but describes my problem perfectly.

I have 2 HWS's and 2 old Joey's. The Hoppers firmware was 529 and then 530. This problem in on one of my Hoppers and on both firmware versions. If I reset the Hopper, it goes away, but returns randomly.

I plan to upgrade to 2 Hopper 3's when available.

I can live with this problem as long as it will not cause a catastrophic failure.

Does anyone have a clue what this is?
It's some kind of carry over from the cursor when you are in the guide or menus. You can get rid of it permanently if hide the cursor in your menu settings....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)