Straz HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deep sea diver

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Currently I have straz package and I am receiving all the other HD channels fine but when I go to a Straz HD channel it comes up "Channel Not Purchased" The website says they are available, it is listed on channel 541 but when I call a CSR they say it has not lunched yet. Any one else have this trouble?

Call them back, the CSR you had was wrong. You must have the HD Starz on your account for it to work:

Starz HD $0.00 / included w/Starz service

Same goes for HBO, Showtime, Cinemax (when it launches).

You can check, logon to your account at D* site, select change programming. On the top of that page there's 6 selections, far left "Base Packages" you want to click on the far right "Changes Summary" if you don't see Starz HD listed D* needs to add it to your account.

this is what it shows
STARZ!$12.00 / Monthly LOCALS HD$0.00 / included w/Local Programming DIRECTV Protection Plan$5.99 / Monthly DIRECTV DVR Service$5.99 / Monthly TOTAL CHOICE PLUS$51.99 / Monthly HD Access$9.99 / Monthly Monthly Total$85.96 / Month

this is what it shows
STARZ!$12.00 / Monthly LOCALS HD$0.00 / included w/Local Programming DIRECTV Protection Plan$5.99 / Monthly DIRECTV DVR Service$5.99 / Monthly TOTAL CHOICE PLUS$51.99 / Monthly HD Access$9.99 / Monthly Monthly Total$85.96 / Month

Yep, you're missing the Starz HD entry, call D* and get a CSR to add it and you'll be set to go.

Ok called back again and that was the third CSR that told me Straz was NOT available yet in HD. Are they wrong? They all say it will be available years end.

Its all about finding the right csr that will take the time to look for the right code and add it. it sounds to me like there not taking the time to look

That fixed it. 4 CALLS later and asking to speak to their supervisor must have been enough inspiration to actually ask, " Are we having any issue today updating accounts to HD?" I could hear the CSR talking in the background, to someone about what button to hit or something then before my very eyes 4 CSR have been misinformed because they are available now.

Good job! all of the call centers have tv's in them for this reason, so they can make sure your seeing the same thing they are the next time just have them tune to that channel

Adding Starz and Dropping HBO for a while

I'm thinking of Adding STARZ pkg and dropping HBO for a while. Will I be ok if I do it on line, or should I make a call and have them do it? Thanks

Just called in - CSR knew Starz hand launched but wasn't aware of the problem - she tried the basics but didn't understand what it meant to add Starz-HD to my account - she tried but couldn't find it.

Got passed to Technical Support - was told that this is a known issue that they will have a fix in place by late afternoon - told me to call back this evening if it was still an issue.

I'm content to wait - I figured that they would need to fix this globally - otherwise they will have to handle a ton of calls and reset everyone one at a time.

Just called in - CSR knew Starz hand launched but wasn't aware of the problem - she tried the basics but didn't understand what it meant to add Starz-HD to my account - she tried but couldn't find it.

Got passed to Technical Support - was told that this is a known issue that they will have a fix in place by late afternoon - told me to call back this evening if it was still an issue.

I'm content to wait - I figured that they would need to fix this globally - otherwise they will have to handle a ton of calls and reset everyone one at a time.
You should call again. It took one guy 4 calls and spoke to a supervisor before they turned it on.

Well I finally got a CSR on the phone and she informs me that Starz-Hd isn't available. She tells me to keep checking their website for information as to when they would be offered. I then informed her that they are in fact available and *D's own website says so! She apologizes and re-sends my signal which I had already done twice and says that should take care of it. Obviously it didn't. I then explained that other people are having the same issues and were able to take care of it with a simple phone call to a CSR. Well guess what.....not this one. I tried telling her that starz-hd needed to be added to my recent activity list and she states that she can't do that! So finally she tells me that she will look into it and if I don't see the channels within 5 hours to call back. A very frustrating experience.:mad:

capsfan, that's BS, just keep calling back until you get a CSR that knows what to do, I was lucky and got one of the first try. Specifically there needs to be a line that says Starz HD on your account.

capsfan, that's BS, just keep calling back until you get a CSR that knows what to do, I was lucky and got one of the first try. Specifically there needs to be a line that says Starz HD on your account.

I just called CSR and asked them to add StarzHD to my Starz package and it came on

it's all an authorization issue, YES THEY ARE AVAILABLE, I had the same issue, first reset online, no help, rebooted hr20 700, no help, talked to csr, more reboots and restart, no help, transferred to tech support,,, asked me to reset,,, I SAID NO,,, not wasting another 10 minutes, they were looking into what may help, i said, gotta go, work conference call, i will call back later,,, call later, explain to csr i was already in tech support, was told he needed to verify some things before he could transfer... OMG, here we go again, more restarts!, was finally transferred, last thing they asked me was what package i was under, i didnt remember the exact name just told them it was one below the all everything all the time package, 3 minutes later PRESTO, stars HD works great, with NO reset or DOWNLOAD,,, 30 minutes later I go to record on DVR,,, uh-oh, your DVR service has not been enabled... HERE WE GO AGAIN... call support, answer robot woman answers, get to csr, he asks me to restart,, LOL,,,GRRRRRRRR, I said NO ! explain my morning, he transfers me to tech support, 10 more minues of TS doing research and PRESTO again Now I can recored, he asks if all is good, I say let me check that I have all my channels,,,, I DO... finally 3 hours later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts