Stream ESPN+ to LG TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dpoplette

Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Central Illinois
I have a new 2019 LG OLED TV with AirPlay. I'm trying to stream ESPN (I have a paid ESPN+ subscription) from my iPad to the TV. I can mirror the iPad with no issues and stream videos from You Tube and a few other apps. From ESPN, I can stream a news video, but when I attempt to watch a live event nothing happens. Both the TV and the iPad's screens go black and eventually the TV returns to live TV. I have a Roku I used with my old TV, but I was hoping to eliminate that step with the new TV. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Do you have access to an Apple TV that you could test with? I'm wondering if the LG implementation of AirPlay is incomplete.

I wouldn't make long-term plans to do away with an external streamer. The TV manufacturers are generally slow to update and often only produce updates for a few years after model release.

Thank you for your reply. No, I do not have access to an Apple TV. Just the LG and the Roku stick.

Do you have access to an Apple TV that you could test with? I'm wondering if the LG implementation of AirPlay is incomplete.

I wouldn't make long-term plans to do away with an external streamer. The TV manufacturers are generally slow to update and often only produce updates for a few years after model release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)