Stream Netflix and Hulu through your PS3 and 360

Giantsfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I posted about this beta program called Playon in August. They now have added the ability to watch Netflix through your PS3 or 360 (as well as already having Hulu, Youtube, CBS and some others). Once you download the program, simply input your Netflix logon into the settings and then add shows for instant viewing to your Netflix queue (through your PC). Quality is very good. Enjoy!:)

Unfortunately, I can't post the link, but just go to themediamall.com and you will see it.

Ya, going to wait till this is free/part of my live sub rather than pay a 3rd party for the features now.

Edit: I see Mediamall is in NY and your location is Staten Island, given all your posts here have been to pimp this service... suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Also poking around, Netflix isn't currently supported, and there have been a lot of problems with Hulu apparently: http://www.themediamall.com/blog/

Last edited:
I thought this post was bogus as Netflix did not appear to be activated and my auto update said there was none, however, I looked on the site and sure enough, they had a new version with Netflix streaming working. If you have the previous version, you need to manually download the new version and install.

No Mac version. I'll have to wait for the Fall update, to use Netflix on my 360.

So, the NetFlix streaming IS working for the pc right now???

Yes, you have to go to the MediaMall site and make sure you have the newest version (auto update on the previous version said it was the newest, however, it lied). Download the newest version from the site and install. You will see Netflix now works and your trial has been reset to 45 days. I gave it a try and it seemed to work pretty well. You can only access movies which you have in your instant queue.

Since I didn't get a Roku for my birthday yesterday, I think I'll finally jump on this now that Netlfix was added (the only use I'd have for it). Thanks for the updates/beta testing everyone.

OK, so I downloaded and set this up. Pretty seamless. Even got access to my Netflix Instant Viewing queue and started up an episode of The Office and found and sampled the Hulu programing.

Only problem that folks should be aware of: if you don't have at least either your PC or gaming device on a wired connection, expect major video stuttering and freezes. That's according to MediaMall's FAQ's which I consulted after having that very same problem...NEXT!

OK, so I downloaded and set this up. Pretty seamless. Even got access to my Netflix Instant Viewing queue and started up an episode of The Office and found and sampled the Hulu programing.

Only problem that folks should be aware of: if you don't have at least either your PC or gaming device on a wired connection, expect major video stuttering and freezes. That's according to MediaMall's FAQ's which I consulted after having that very same problem...NEXT!

Sorry your having issues. It's working OK for me, but then I realized my PC is wired to my router. Here is the site's full explanation.

"If your networked entertainment device (gaming console/set-top box) as well as your home PC are both on wireless 802.11g, you will have a throughput problem. Your network just can't handle the bandwidth of pulling a video from Hulu to your PC, and at the same time pushing a realtime transcoded stream from your PC to your device. We highly recommend that you have at least one of the devices (your console or your PC) be on a wired connection, or to be using wireless 802.11n."

Ya, going to wait till this is free/part of my live sub rather than pay a 3rd party for the features now.

Edit: I see Mediamall is in NY and your location is Staten Island, given all your posts here have been to pimp this service... suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Also poking around, Netflix isn't currently supported, and there have been a lot of problems with Hulu apparently:

Nothing but a coincidence, and yes, Netflix is indeed now supported. I am just trying to provide info on a service I like. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a nice day!

what does it matter that someone is talking about this item. it works with the ps3 and they shared the information that it works. i wish it could play fox and abc website shows too.

Just ordered a 25 foot network cable from monoprice to connect the PS3 to my router. I hope that does the trick. It would totally be worth the price of the cable and MediaMall software if it does since I was seriously considering getting a Roku.

This title is misleading. Actually the video feed is streamed through a PC first and then from the PC to the gaming console. No thanks. I'd prefer it to be streamed directly to the gaming console.

This title is misleading. Actually the video feed is streamed through a PC first and then from the PC to the gaming console. No thanks. I'd prefer it to be streamed directly to the gaming console.

Sorry. Looking again, I see your point. Is there a way to edit it? I don't see that option.

I've got everything working pretty well right now and was excited to see the addition of 1,000 Starz Play movies to Netflix's Instant Watching selection. However, while Netflix's existing movies look normal on my 34" 1080i CRT (they fill my screen in widescreen 16:9 format) the Starz Play selections leave narrow black bars on the left and right side. These bars are much narrow than when I view 4:3 content on this TV, so when I use one of the TV's stretch modes, that much more is cut off. What's even weirder, these same films look totally normal on my laptop and widescreen computer monitor (no bars after the Starz Play intro/logo). Anyone having the same problem with the Starz Play content?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts