Streaming from PlayOn via Hopper

steff3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Sacramento area Calif
I am unable to play any of my recordings from playLater via my hopper. They stream fine to my Sony dvd player and play fine on my PC. When I access via home media on dish I can see the file and the poster of the file but they won't play, Just scrolls thru the titles. Is this normal? PlayOn support say it's the Dish box.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm unfamiliar with the home media, but I saw someone posting MP4 and video was AVC and audio AAC and the AVC was unsupported. That was on dishs own forum. Could this play a part?

Could be, I dunno, not my area of knowledge. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Just trying to understand it.

I'm right there with you. Trying to understand the home media as best I can. Interesting technology. Could you have imagined it in 1996? Especially for common use.

Playon is not good at trans-coding local media files. It basically tries sending the file to your receiver without trying to convert it into a format that your receiver understands.

I highly recommend TVersity. You can get the pro version for around $20. It takes your media files on your computer or network and then when your receiver requests a file TVersity says.. hey I see your a DISH Hopper... and can not play this file natively... so I will re-encode it for you in a usable format for you on the fly as you watch. Works VERY well... only issue I had was from a few movies that had a DTS soundstrack... but other then that it is great.

Reactions: skyviewmark
Any suggestions for iPhone apps, to play pictures from my iphone? Maybe the occasionally home made video? All on hopper/Joey.

Any suggestions for iPhone apps, to play pictures from my iphone? Maybe the occasionally home made video? All on hopper/Joey.

the MOST AMAZING app (And one you have probably never heard of) is Flipps HD. With this app you can watch videos from a number of online sites on your Hopper. It works REALLY well. Great app! http://www.flipps.com/

I actually used to have flipps before it was flipps. When they changed their name I lost the ability to put my photos on my tv. And my home videos.

I'm downloading it again but gave up awhile back. I was just trying to figure that prt of the system out when I first downloaded the original program

Thanks Scott for the advice. I actually have the free version of tversity but like the recording for later viewing option with play later. Guess I'll just have to view it thru my dvd player and use tversity for the rest. Does the paid pro version offer recording for later viewing?

I just downloaded Flipps HD. Works great with Apple TV, but will not hookup with the Hopper w/Sling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts