streaming music in your whole house coming to dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i know scott told me about this i never had a sonos before can someone explain to me how does the new whole house music that is coming to us in may from dish how does it work?

thanks

Allen bluegras

Who cares about whole home music.

Nobody plays music through their entire house.

It's what's ever on the tv or people use their iPods
I disagree, I will turn all the tvs on the Sirius Frankly Sinatra channel, and use it while cleaning throughout the house.

lets say i have the hopper and i can play my bluegrass music over the whole house using tunein i have the hopper in my bedroom and i want to play it in there and also my computer room also using my 5.1 vizio surround sound.in both rooms.

lets say i have the hopper and i can play my bluegrass music over the whole house using tunein i have the hopper in my bedroom and i want to play it in there and also my computer room also using my 5.1 vizio surround sound.in both rooms.
Yes, SirriusXM Bluegrass is pretty good, too.

the guy in the video said he his in talks with some of the other streaming services i wonder if he is talks with slacker and spotify also.just an idea to ponder about.

Are you ever going to stop your moaning, Claude? Getting pretty old...and Troll-like.

I don't care if directv had a whole home music service. I wouldn't subscribe.

I take hundreds of calls a day at my office for people looking for TV Internet and phone.

People are not calling asking how they can get music through their entire house, and they are not asking if they can stream ESPN for $20 per month either.

Whole home Dvr solutions like the genie or that hopper thing people do want.

I like Pandora on my hopper. Saturday I finally got around to setting it up on a rainy night and programmed the stations. Put it on mix and wow! Sounded like I was in a club with my own dj. It sounded better than the XM sat radio channels. Wish I had done it sooner. Now I am looking forward to VEVO being added so we can watch Video music again. The one thing I really miss about the 80s was Music Videos. :music

I love the idea of having a whole-house audio service like this! Right now, I use a few Apple Airports to create zones in my house, the the Dish setup would work nicely. However, one feature I'm curious about (and have wished they had when using the SiriusXM channels): when you are streaming music to your hopper/Joey, is there a way to keep the VIDEO of a network on the TV, while simultaneously streaming the AUDIO from IHeartRadio, TuneIn Radio, etc.? This would be ideal in situations when you're having a party and want to listen to music, but maybe want to put on the video from a football game. Is this a feature of the new audio service?

Who cares about whole home music.

Nobody plays music through their entire house.

It's what's ever on the tv or people use their iPods
I used to play it thru my entire home, so apparently I am nobody... And hundreds of calls a day, really? You must be busier than the President of the United States!

I take hundreds of calls a day at my office for people looking for TV Internet and phone.

People are not calling asking how they can get music through their entire house, and they are not asking if they can stream ESPN for $20 per month either.

Do you not do any high end custom installs? Almost every new, large house built in my area has some kind of whole home music system. We actually installed one in a house years ago. People enjoy being able to have music throughout the house when entertaining guests or just doing choirs around the house. The most popular is being able to have Sirius outside the house, like on the deck or patio. I can't believe that Sirius music in the house is not that important to your customers.

Reactions: lakebum431
I like Pandora on my hopper. Saturday I finally got around to setting it up on a rainy night and programmed the stations. Put it on mix and wow! Sounded like I was in a club with my own dj. It sounded better than the XM sat radio channels. Wish I had done it sooner. Now I am looking forward to VEVO being added so we can watch Video music again. The one thing I really miss about the 80s was Music Videos. :music

MTV killed the Video star.

Then brought in fake rappers, hip hop and stupid reality shows.

I don't think it is a huge market, but there is a market for it. I own a few of the Squeezebox products (competitor to Sonos before they were discontinued) to stream music through my house and used ones are now selling for far above their original retail price - so *somebody* is interested. I think if marketed correctly there is a percentage of households interested in a product like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts