streaming music in your whole house coming to dish

music through out the whole house is not new............maybe this method is, but my parents have had this feature for 40 years..............it's called an intercom system
Whole home sound systems have been around since the 50s and possibly earlier. Integrators have made bank on them over the years.

Up to now, they were rather expensive and used lots of special high impedance gear but as things progress, connecting them is getting easier -- often wireless. Of course if you go the Sonos route, it is still damned expensive and for some reason, stereo still isn't offered in many cases.

I think the big issue is that we've all become so accustomed to listening to our own playlists that we've forgotten that music is something that works best when shared.

music through out the whole house is not new............maybe this method is, but my parents have had this feature for 40 years..............it's called an intercom system
I thought it was clear that I was referring to Dish's entry into the mix....if it wasn't, I was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can remember listening to Friday Night Live back in the day, Gary Bourgios and a lot of the regulars on there had a mini home radio station set up with a Ramsey FM10. A lot of them would feed an audio out from their satellite receiver to the transmitter and listen on their radios or stereos throughout their home or neighbourhood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)