streaming music in your whole house coming to dish

People are not calling asking how they can get music through their entire house, and they are not asking if they can stream ESPN for $20 per month either.
Probably due to the fact that the average consumer doesn't know yet that these offerings are on the horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The highly complex and technical Squeezebox server-client model was a nightmare for Logitech to sustain. This led to marketing claims far exceeding actual performance and, in turn, long term supportability. Sales suffered as a result, leading to discontinuing the product line. Hard to imagine Dish CS handling this any better...

Given my personal setup where the Hopper is in the living room, connected to the AV Receiver, which is also connected to an Apple TV which provides iTunes match - of my entire music library -it is less valuable, as I already can listen to music. BUT if you have several joeys or combos of Hoppers/Joeys the whole house music controlled by a tablet is awesome. I'd definitely use it when I am using the joey.

I'm a nobody too. We just finished remodeling the house. We have speakers throughout the house and outside. I like this new Dish app that allows control of music by zone

Reactions: KazooGuy
I just don't see the appeal of this. I have all my music on a PC and can access it on any device through DLNA.
It's nice that you have all your music on a PC and can access it via DLNA! Not everyone has that! This is, simply, another way to get there....

i cannot wait until we get tunein and iheart radio now the only ones they need to add slacker and spotify

i cannot wait until we get tunein and iheart radio now the only ones they need to add slacker and spotify
I've played with iHeart radio. What is the big deal? Just more stations of mostly the same (and mostly former Clear Channel whatevers). I am missing something?

Probably due to the fact that the average consumer doesn't know yet that these offerings are on the horizon.

music through out the whole house is not new............maybe this method is, but my parents have had this feature for 40 years..............it's called an intercom system

I used to work in the mobile home industry years back. Back then a popular option was an intercom system coupled with a radio and a cassette feature. A '80s and early '90s whole home music system.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)