streaming to ps3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I used to be able to stream media to my ps3 using tversity, for about the past 2-3month I have been having a problem were it keeps saying no server found. About the time I started having problems I reformatted my computer. So I dont know if its and issue with my computer and tversity or my ps3, I believe I have everything set up the same way as before however I cant stream anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated

You have to make sure all your settings in WMP are correct - to share folders, etc, or the PS3 won't see it.

There was a pretty good tutorial online - if I can find it again, I'll come back and post it.

If you reformated your PC, you should take the time and start the process over from the start on both the PC and the PS3, something is probably wrong in the settings, and a fresh start should fix it.

i did i formated the pc re downloaded tversity set everything back up shared the folders i wanted still not working

You have to make sure all your settings in WMP are correct - to share folders, etc, or the PS3 won't see it.

There was a pretty good tutorial online - if I can find it again, I'll come back and post it.

my desktop is a media center 2005 wmp 11 will not work with it so i cannot use media player to stream thats why i was using tversity. my wifes laptop has wmp11 and i tried steaming from that as well last night and was unsuccessful with the ps3 reconginzing the the media server

my desktop is a media center 2005 wmp 11 will not work with it so i cannot use media player to stream thats why i was using tversity. my wifes laptop has wmp11 and i tried steaming from that as well last night and was unsuccessful with the ps3 reconginzing the the media server

You need to check your firewall settings (if any) and your router settings. Also make sure you have the updates for WMP11. Although there are better media servers then WMP11, it works fine for various media that it can play locally on your PC. Lots of basic advice available on the forums of PlayStation.com.

Orb works pretty good for my wii... but it's not as great as some other options since it does require online steams, not local lan streams 100% of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts