Rock Band 2 Tracklist Revealed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
This may have flown under the radar, but at E3 Harmonix released the list of songs that will be shipped out with Rock Band 2. Another thing of note is that apparently, Harmonix wanted to include more songs but couldn't because of time restraints, so to compensate they are going to release about 20 songs for free via DLC. It is quite an impressive list of songs. A few songs were used in previous GH games, although now they are master recordings.

***Official Rock Band 2 Set List! - Rock Band - Forums

It was also said that they're going to have a way for you to pay "less than $5" and be able to import "most" of the songs from the Rock Band 1 disc into Rock Band 2 (I'm guessing it'll copy the files to the HDD). There were 57 songs on the disc. I'll say 50 are made available for export. Let's also say that the average person downloaded 15 songs for RB1. So with that and the 84 on RB2 and the 20 free for download, you could have 169 songs available to play when RB2 hits. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

Man, we've downloaded (paid for) at least 50 songs, heh.

It's been so worth it though.
Wow... 50?

I think the only stuff I got from RB that was paid for was the Oasis Pack and the Disturbed pack, as well as "The Perfect Drug" from NIN and "Zero" by Smashing Pumpkins. I also got "Sex Type Thing", "Message in a Bottle," "Interstate Love Song", and all the free DLC.
I'm pretty cheap when it comes to that sort of stuff. I have a bunch of DLC from GH3, but about 90% of it was stuff they released for free. Only thing I got was the No Doubt pack, which was a bit of a waste (Ska songs don't translate well when you only have 1 instrument to use.)

Last edited:
Ya, 50 is probably conservative. Everything the first couple months (so, 3 songs a week... for 7-8 weeks... we'll call it 20ish) then Oasis pack (my favorite came out on my birthday). the NIN pack, The Who greatest hits compilation, Boston's greatest hits... and others....

50 is very conservative.

Ya, 50 is probably conservative. Everything the first couple months (so, 3 songs a week... for 7-8 weeks... we'll call it 20ish) then Oasis pack (my favorite came out on my birthday). the NIN pack, The Who greatest hits compilation, Boston's greatest hits... and others....

50 is very conservative.

At least all the DLC is playable with RB II. and you can apparently convert the RB I list as well (if i Read the post right)

At least all the DLC is playable with RB II. and you can apparently convert the RB I list as well (if i Read the post right)
Well if you read the fine print from previous comments, not ALL of it will go over. Apparently because of some licensing issues, while most songs will be transferred over, there will be a few that may not make it. Of course they won't tell us in advance which ones those could be, but really, if you want to still play those songs I suppose you can just throw in RB1 and use them.

Well if you read the fine print from previous comments, not ALL of it will go over. Apparently because of some licensing issues, while most songs will be transferred over, there will be a few that may not make it. Of course they won't tell us in advance which ones those could be, but really, if you want to still play those songs I suppose you can just throw in RB1 and use them.

Ya, I am sure we'll find out more when the time comes, and even if it only got you half of the 50ish songs in RB1, for "less than $5" it's a decent deal to have them accessible alongside the new gameplay elements RB2 brings to the table.

Now, allegedly the tracklist of Guitar Hero: World Tour has been leaked. I didn't post this as a new thread separately as this is speculative and the source of the information was not released. This list is more interesting (not necessarily better, but more interesting) in my opinion.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour setlist leaked - Xbox 360 Fanboy

I don't know how accurate this list is, but if it's true I can't wait to hear my Chinese GF sing "Smells like Teen Spirit" and "10,000 Fists." That'd be really cool if "Beat It" is really going to be on it.

I really hope Ted Nugent's Stranglehold makes it in RB somehow.
I'd love to be able to play CKY's "96 Quite Bitter Beings." I remember first hearing that from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (which is by FAR the best in the series) and loving that song. The guitar riffs on it are rather rudimentary but still really cool sounding.

Now, allegedly the tracklist of Guitar Hero: World Tour has been leaked. I didn't post this as a new thread separately as this is speculative and the source of the information was not released. This list is more interesting (not necessarily better, but more interesting) in my opinion.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour setlist leaked - Xbox 360 Fanboy

I don't know how accurate this list is, but if it's true I can't wait to hear my Chinese GF sing "Smells like Teen Spirit" and "10,000 Fists." That'd be really cool if "Beat It" is really going to be on it.

Since the posting of this, Activision has put a squash to the supposed GH:WT list, saying "the bulk of it is wishful thinking and pure speculation."

Guitar Hero: World Tour Setlist A [Beautiful] Fake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)