X360 HDMI Audio Output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tom_P

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Hey;

Finally got the receiver that I was looking for, and Onkyo 8500. This receiver is TrueHD capable, but the question is, does the X360 stream digital audio via HDMI?
The receiver only lit 2 speakers lights, and the Dolby Digital light stay off. Using the X360 Optical Output the receiver recognizes the DD 5.1.

It works with my surround system. I use an Onkyo also. Can't remember the model right now. But I have it hooked up through HDMI and it seems to work fine. You may need to adjust some settings in the XBox itself? I'm not sure.

But now that you mention it though, I may need to check again just to make sure it's working. :p

Yeap, I kept looking only to found out that the Audio out of the HDMi is just PCM stereo, that's why it works with sorround but not with DD 5.1, I just use the Optical Cable to get it, like I used to when I had a Premuim console without HDMI. The intro of COD4 sounds great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts