Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

I'm having downloads appear in My Rentals, that I haven't rented. I delete the shows and they appear again a day or two later. They act as if there is a timer set to record them. Always the same shows. I wish they would disappear! Pretty odd. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have yet to ever see any bars indicating streaming performance. Perhaps they only show up if some minimum performance level isn't achieved when things start? I still see stuff I've previously viewed in My Rentals. Stuff that was weeks ago and something that was just yesterday. Watching a movie yesterday the data going to the 722k was averaging almost 10Mbps as I watched the movie.

You would receive error message 910 that says "Buffering DISH On Demand video...". This would only show up if your internet speed drops below minimum requirements. For SD you need to have internet speed of at least 1.5MBPS and for HD a minimum of 3MBPS.

I have yet to ever see any bars indicating streaming performance. Perhaps they only show up if some minimum performance level isn't achieved when things start? I still see stuff I've previously viewed in My Rentals. Stuff that was weeks ago and something that was just yesterday. Watching a movie yesterday the data going to the 722k was averaging almost 10Mbps as I watched the movie.

Raymond, please tell us that Dish is either already aware of the, ummm, "concerns", posted here or is following this thread and noting these things. I hope it's taken as constructive criticism !

I have the pictures here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/blockbu...reaming-blockbuster-thread-8.html#post2662498

Try 2010 in SD see if you get the stream meter there..

I'm having downloads appear in My Rentals, that I haven't rented. I delete the shows and they appear again a day or two later. They act as if there is a timer set to record them. Always the same shows. I wish they would disappear! Pretty odd. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yep, same thing here...usually stuff from Comedy Central, that I never selected...

Streaming quality issue

First attempt at streaming from dishonline.com to my computer. Picked Tron Legacy, installed a Widevine add-on for Internet Explorer, restarted IE, found the movie again, started playing it..

Bleh.

The quality of the experience was way beneath what I was used to from Netflix streaming. The picture was certainly high quality, but it was 'jerky'.. like every third frame was missing. Tried an episode of Big Bang Theory to check TV shows, and same exact problem. Went to my daughter's house and tried it using her cable modem instead of our DSL.. same exact issue.

It's unwatchable, disorienting, and rather stomach-turning..

Just me?

First attempt at streaming from dishonline.com to my computer. Picked Tron Legacy, installed a Widevine add-on for Internet Explorer, restarted IE, found the movie again, started playing it..

Bleh.

The quality of the experience was way beneath what I was used to from Netflix streaming. The picture was certainly high quality, but it was 'jerky'.. like every third frame was missing. Tried an episode of Big Bang Theory to check TV shows, and same exact problem. Went to my daughter's house and tried it using her cable modem instead of our DSL.. same exact issue.

It's unwatchable, disorienting, and rather stomach-turning..

Just me?
I just watched about 5 minutes of Unstoppable on this computer with no problems. I checked at Speedtest and my 20 meg cable is running 36 down and 1.9 up this morning with 31ms latency. Yesterday afternoon I watched Double Identity on my 722K with the speed bar thingie showing 4 green. This computer is connected via wireless and the 722K is connected directly to the router.

I just watched about 5 minutes of Unstoppable on this computer with no problems. I checked at Speedtest and my 20 meg cable is running 36 down and 1.9 up this morning with 31ms latency. Yesterday afternoon I watched Double Identity on my 722K with the speed bar thingie showing 4 green. This computer is connected via wireless and the 722K is connected directly to the router.

The interesting thing is that. at this exact moment, I am streaming three movies (from NetFlix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime) all in HD, perfectly well. No proof, but I really think that Widevine app is 'guessing' at what my system can handle, and lowering the stream quality unnecessarily.

For me it's the opposite Amazon, Hulu, Netflix all look like they're sd Dish streaming works great picture looks HD, movies come up immediately

I've found another website that has a few threads on this particular problem, so it is a known issue for some configurations. They even have a tech looking into it in his spare time, using software tools that are way out of my ability to comprehend. The comparison he showed of a frame-by-frame of the same HD movie from NetFlix and Dish was amazing, and is exactly what I am experiencing with my setup.

page by page by page

Started up The Terminator tonight, looks like originating off of HDNet Movies. Started buffering right away so I checked. Stream is only coming in at just under 5Mbps. Slower than the 7Mbps I have seen typically, and the recent 10Mbps I saw the last time I streamed something.

bug... got about 1/2 the way through and decided to stop and watch the rest later. Press Stop. Get the screen that shows movies to select, but no movies there, and a message on the screen that says Processing your selection. Screen seems frozen. I press the View Live TV Button. Bam. 722k is now rebooting. WTF? Didn't know stable software was all that hard.

Have they sorted out the problem with searching for titles or are we still going thru the paging?
Use the All Movies instead of the Blockbuster Moviepass. The search function there will return the movie you search for if it is available. It will show if it is free or costs. Not ideal I realize but better than page by page if you know a title you would like to see. At least it worked for me a few days ago like that on my 722K.

Use the All Movies instead of the Blockbuster Moviepass. The search function there will return the movie you search for if it is available. It will show if it is free or costs.
That should work with one (maybe more !!) caveat: It doesn't distinguish between the old system and the new (streaming) system. For example, search for "2010". You'll get (3) results, I think, two of course being the movie I'll refer to. Pick one of them to watch and it says available, for me, in 57 minutes. Pick the other and it's available "Now" (or 1-3 minutes). One is the old system and the other is streamed but until you select them, there's no way -- that I know of -- to distinguish.

That should work with one (maybe more !!) caveat: It doesn't distinguish between the old system and the new (streaming) system. For example, search for "2010". You'll get (3) results, I think, two of course being the movie I'll refer to. Pick one of them to watch and it says available, for me, in 57 minutes. Pick the other and it's available "Now" (or 1-3 minutes). One is the old system and the other is streamed but until you select them, there's no way -- that I know of -- to distinguish.
I just tried the 2010 as you did. Selected one and it was Watch now, selected the other and it was Available in 14 minutes. And the Watch now was the first in the list so if that holds for every title it will make it a bit easier. Tried 14 minute one just for grins and it buffered enough to start in less than 30 seconds. I'm getting 29 down on a 20 down cable connection this morning but tonight will probably be a different story. Still that's better than page by page. At least in my opinion which may or may not be worth anything. :p The ones I tried a few days ago were obviously on the BB system because they were both Watch now and there was only one instance of the titles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts