Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

My ViP622 gives me an option to delete. I haven't needed to as the movies have all disappeared overnight for some reason.
That is my experience with the 722 w/L677. Every last movie I have watched OR downloaded states that it will be available for 29 or 30 days. Yet 100% of them have disappeared overnight.

Last I heard from here, and based on my experience thus far, the only shows and movies available under the BBMP or Dish Platinum button are the same things available there prior to October 1st.

When they start adding new stuff, that will be news.

Homeplug should be more than capable of outrunning your broadband connection.

It must be different for different people depending on their home wiring. I had the homeplug because the installer put it in when he did our installation. Our 722k and both 211k's would always say they were connected to broadband and our PPV's would get billed on time so I know the internet was somewhat working.

VOD on our 722k did not work at all though. I had tried to use it a few times but it would always say available to watch in 12 hours or something ridiculous and I would say ok and just let it do its thing. I would try to watch it the next day and the downloads would always fail. When I would select the movie I picked in my rentals it would say I still needed to download it and it would be available in 12 hours. I have a decent charter cable 16/1 broadband plan. It works great for Netflix HD and VUDU. I just gave up on it and stopped trying to use VOD.

I tried it again after Blockbuster moviepass was added with its faster streaming and it was still giving me similar wait times. I am a Blockbuster customer so I finally decided it was worth it to run some ethernet across the house to the 722k. It works like a dream now besides the interface. It could also use a little better selection, but when I pick something HD on VOD now it starts up right away just like Netflix and the picture looks great.

The only problem I still have with VOD is when I go to TV and then Browse by Network. I have several NBC shows that I watch and when I select NBC all the show titles are in Spanish and not shows that are on NBC. I looked and they are shows from the network above NBC which is MUN 2. I have reset the receiver and checked this several times and it is always the same result.

I've watched a couple of movies without significant buffering (no more than 10 seconds). Your statement is false.

That being said, one of the three movies I've tried, Weird Science, required download.

His Statement is very true, not false, i have the same issues.....all movies require download or major buffering. With SD movies or shows no problem, stream right away. So that is a speed problem. However......with VUDU or Amazon i have no problem streaming in HD at all. Who's speed problem is it, i lean towards Dish/BB. It will take time for them to optimize it

I stream/downloaded 3 HD movies last night, 2 of them said I had to wait about an hour. 5 minutes later it was ready for me to watch. Interesting I thought. I do have about 20 megs download speed, so not sure if its my connection or Dish's.

His Statement is very true, not false, i have the same issues.....all movies require download or major buffering. With SD movies or shows no problem, stream right away. So that is a speed problem. However......with VUDU or Amazon i have no problem streaming in HD at all. Who's speed problem is it, i lean towards Dish/BB. It will take time for them to optimize it

While I do not doubt that you and other people are having issues with not being able to stream HD immediately...I can assure you that there are those of us who are able to stream HD virtually instantly as you will note in several comments in both this thread and others. I have not had to wait for more than 10 seconds for any movie I have selected up to this point to begin playing, and ALL have been in HD. As I mentioned in another thread, perhaps certain movies are not yet instantly available. That I cannot say, but I can say that anyone who says that "There is no movie in Platinum that plays without buffering for 2 hours" is incorrect...and Harshness pointing that out was actually correct in doing so.

It is very important that we post accurate information about this new service and to make such a blanket statement that nothing will stream instantly when there are posts in this and other threads to the contrary need to be pointed out as inaccurate so that those who are considering the service know the actual facts. I cannot factually say that ALL movies will stream instantly...because I have not tried them all. But I can say that every one I have tried (and again, all in HD) have started right away just like my Netflix does.

Coach Knight said:
While I do not doubt that you and other people are having issues with not being able to stream HD immediately...I can assure you that there are those of us who are able to stream HD virtually instantly as you will note in several comments in both this thread and others. I have not had to wait for more than 10 seconds for any movie I have selected up to this point to begin playing, and ALL have been in HD. As I mentioned in another thread, perhaps certain movies are not yet instantly available. That I cannot say, but I can say that anyone who says that "There is no movie in Platinum that plays without buffering for 2 hours" is incorrect...and Harshness pointing that out was actually correct in doing so.

It is very important that we post accurate information about this new service and to make such a blanket statement that nothing will stream instantly when there are posts in this and other threads to the contrary need to be pointed out as inaccurate so that those who are considering the service know the actual facts. I cannot factually say that ALL movies will stream instantly...because I have not tried them all. But I can say that every one I have tried (and again, all in HD) have started right away just like my Netflix does.

From the posts thus far, generally speaking, those with their Internet access hard wired into the Dish receiver are experiencing good streaming results. Those using a HomePlug setup are not (either subject to extremely long waits as the selection is first downloaded to the receiver or the service fails to ultimately download). I am in the latter category and have been unsuccessful with 40/4 speeds.

I am considering getting the Dish supported wireless USB adapter in an effort to overcome the existing inability. I have a BD player with Wireless N capability sitting near my 722 and am able to truly stream Netflix material (HD) without issue. Therefore I assume the Wireless solution for BBMP should work.

Prior to taking the plunge, I wonder if others are successfully accessing the BBMP content with the Dish Wireless setup?

I have a wired Ethernet connection. The first movie I selected played within seconds. Now any movie I pick demands a LONG wait. I'm currently at 3hrs 54mins wait. That's not what I call streaming or on demand at all. I'm glad I kept Netflix streaming.

Mine is hard wired and everything I have tried works fine, with only a wait of a few seconds. 10/1.5 internet speed.
Dan

From the posts thus far, generally speaking, those with their Internet access hard wired into the Dish receiver are experiencing good streaming results. Those using a HomePlug setup are not (either subject to extremely long waits as the selection is first downloaded to the receiver or the service fails to ultimately download). I am in the latter category and have been unsuccessful with 40/4 speeds.

I am considering getting the Dish supported wireless USB adapter in an effort to overcome the existing inability. I have a BD player with Wireless N capability sitting near my 722 and am able to truly stream Netflix material (HD) without issue. Therefore I assume the Wireless solution for BBMP should work.

Prior to taking the plunge, I wonder if others are successfully accessing the BBMP content with the Dish Wireless setup?

I am on the wireless adapter as well. I'd certainly try that, as it may give an improvement. Your internet speeds are far faster than mine so that should not be an issue. I had used Netflix on an older Wireless-G router and was very impressed when switching to the Wireless-N at the difference it made in Netflix streaming for me (I had not used the Dish adapter until very recently so I cannot say what results I would have had with the old router on Dish).

Good luck!

I am by no means an expert on any of this, so if I was able to successfully set up my solution, anyone can do it. In planning for the upcoming BBMP I went to monoprice.com so I could order the required materials to run hardlines from my router to my three receiver locations. It would have been a pain in a$$ but I was going to do it anyway. Long story short, after browsing around on their site, I reconsidered and ordered (3) 802.11N routers which can also be used as wireless bridges. They are cheap and work great. Basically I just had to take them out of the box, make the proper settings in the setup wizard and they are good as gold. As oppsed to the USB adapter which just services the Dish receiver, each bridge/router has 4 lan ports. All of my three locations are servicing three pieces of equipment. Dish receiver, Bluray, and TV. My main router is a Netgear WNR2000. I don't know if I'm supposed to be pushing items from different retailers in these forums, but this is what worked well for me and was fairly inexpensive. If you want more detailed information you can PM me.

I have 6mbps DSL, a Netgear Gigabit router and not a single show started before the whole show was downloaded. It usually says that it starts in 10-40 minutes, but when I check 30 minutes later it still states about the same. So I let it sit and want to watch it the next day. But in the morning everything is gone. So what I basically do is wasting a bunch of monthly bandwidth for nothing.

DVR
BBMP
select HD
select New & 2010s

Results 138
press *

Results 67 Free titles

Not any more titles after I changed my account from Platinum to BBMP. The selection seems identical, just the word Platinum replaced with Movie Pass in the menu (which happened before I changed my account). Why did I even change my account? I lost 5 months of Free Platinum I had left over and got nothing.

I dont have BBMP on my account. I did the same steps as you did above, shows 66 free titles. Guess the only positive about BBMP is getting a DVD in the mail one at a time....???

This pretty much sums it up as far as new customers. Below is a c/p from dish's site.

Blockbuster Movie Pass (1 disc at a time): Offer not available in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands. Streaming to TV and some channels not available with select packages.

Hawaii loses again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)