stretched SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
How do you get the receiver to not stretch SD and still display HD in its correct widescreen format. Like DISH!:eek:

This will most likely make channel changing seem to take longer(because the resolution will keep changing between channels,even the HD ones that use 720p or 1080i natively),but go to settings,then display,go to video & where it says Native,turn it on(a lot of people don't like to turn this on because,like i said,it seems to slow down changing channels,because the receiver has to adjust to the new resolution).Now go to TV resolutions & check off all of the resolutions that apply for your TV(I personally just check them all off). Do that & see how that affects your picture. As far as keeping the SD from stretching,you most likely need to use the controls on your TV to regulate that.

Oh I forgot to mention screen format on the same page with Native. Screen Format gives you the choice of Crop,Original format,Pillar Box,& Stretch. I personally use Original Format. TV Ratio controls the aspect radio that matches the type of TV you have,either 4:3 or 16:9.

Oh I forgot to mention screen format on the same page with Native. Screen Format gives you the choice of Crop,Original format,Pillar Box,& Stretch. I personally use Original Format. TV Ratio controls the aspect radio that matches the type of TV you have,either 4:3 or 16:9.

Thanks Roy. I chose 1080I + Pillar Box. It's seems to be working.

What's what I do. Makes it keep the "HD Guide" in HD all the time and minimizes channel changing time.

You do not have to put it in native mode. In fact, take it out of native mode as it will slow down your receiver/DVR.

Your receiver is stretching the image because you have it set in stretch mode. Keep hitting the RES button until you get to pillar box.

You do not have to put it in native mode. In fact, take it out of native mode as it will slow down your receiver/DVR.

Your receiver is stretching the image because you have it set in stretch mode. Keep hitting the RES button until you get to pillar box.

That was the point I was making about native mode,that it slows down the channel changing. However I don't care about that,so I keep native on.

Another question. Instead of bringing up the full screen guide. Is there a way to use just the "browse" button like on Dish? I know it's not DISHNetwork but.......:D

That was the point I was making about native mode,that it slows down the channel changing. However I don't care about that,so I keep native on.
But he doesn't need to put it in native mode. He just needs to set it to 108i Pillar Box permantly for all channels (or 720p/i if he has a 720 TV). This setting will make all of the channels maintain their native format. HD will be 16:9 and SD will be 4:3.

The native mode setting is something entirely different. Native mode will automatically change the resolution between 480 and 1080 every time he changes the channel. He can leave it on 1080i Pillar Box for all channels.

But he doesn't need to put it in native mode. He just needs to set it to 108i Pillar Box. This setting will make all of the channels maintain their native format. HD will be 16:9 and SD will be 4:3.

The native mode setting is something entirely different. Native mode will automatically change the resolution between 480 and 1080 every time he changes the channel. He can leave it on 1080i Pillar Box for all channels.

I think that's what he's going to do anyway,1080i & Pillar Box.

Use the TV Format button! This will change it from original, stretch, crop, and letterbox/pillar box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.