Stroking my 622

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
My wife is getting a bit jealous. After getting the 622 in the mail today I can't let go of it! Still have to wait until Monday for install. Thats another 3 full days of crappy cox service.
Quick question. I have some serious wiring issues in my house. I know they will initially try and use existing wiring. What channels should I check to make sure I am getting the best reception? I know they are going to hook it up, say it's all fine and after they leave I'll try and watch fox soccer channel and it won't come in because they used the crappy existing wiring.

that will help your relationship and heres a fix for that wiring. right before they come to install just take a nice pair of wire cutters and remove that wiring from the equation... that could just be me.

Kaydigi said:
Like Shaggy, remove the wires before they get there.

Bad idea, it creates more work for the installers. Even if the wires are bad, and they are only RG59 or something, having them in there is still useful. Just use them to pull the new wires through by using an 'F' connector barrel coupling to join the new cable to the old one. Then, pull the old one out and it will pull the new one through. You have to still be gentle though, you can rip the connector right off the cable if you aren't.

jsanders said:
Bad idea, it creates more work for the installers. Even if the wires are bad, and they are only RG59 or something, having them in there is still useful. Just use them to pull the new wires through by using an 'F' connector barrel coupling to join the new cable to the old one. Then, pull the old one out and it will pull the new one through. You have to still be gentle though, you can rip the connector right off the cable if you aren't.

I'm all for not creating additonal work for installers. I ran my own set of RG6 cable before the installer came, but the OP say's his wiring is a mess.

Why take the chance if something is wrong with the cable down the road?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)