strong signal on 119, weak on 101, nothing on 110

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmarlo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I'm upgrading from my round dish to an oval. No previous problems getting the 101 signal, but with the new oval dish I'm only weakly hitting transponders 28, 30, and 32. The 119 signal is strong (~94), but I'm not getting anything on 110. There is a possible line of sight problem, but I don't understand why I would be able to hit Satellite A before but not now. Any ideas? Thanks.

ZIP: 48108.

make sure your pole is level.If it is not you have a slim chance of getting all 3 sats. Set your dish to what yor box says for your area.Then try to tune in the 101 sat.If you do not have a line of site problem then the other 2 sats should be there.

thanks for your help. i was gone for the weekend, but just now read the replies. i'll check things out again tomorrow and will re-post. thanks again.

I’m basically still having the same problem as before, but I’ve been able to get the Sat A signals a little stronger (~75) by making the pole a bit more level--but only on the upper end even-numbered transponders. The lower numbered transponders, as well as the odd-numbered ones, are still at 0. Sat. C is solid around 95 signal strength on all transponders. Should I ignore Sat C and just try aiming for Sat A?

I have a WNC triple-feed, multi-satellite LNB on the dish. It has a built-in multi-switch. I don't see how I can remove that. I removed some screws, but it didn't look like the multi-switch will come off. Or did you mean removing another multi-switch down the line? I had one on the old system, but the RG-6 cables are now running straight from the multi-switch on the triple-LNB unit to the receiver.

I've only got the basic programming package so far. I'm waiting for my Sony HD200 to arrive before I subscribe to the HD package. I'm using my old Sony SAT-T60 Tivo receiver to set up the elliptical dish.

Thanks again.

--Mike

Tell the receiver in the setup that you have the PhaseIII dish (all three LNB), type in your zip, and use those look angles to line up the dish; the pole must be perfectly level and plumb for those look angles to be accurate. If you do not have that ability, tell us your zip and your look angles will get posted here.

Thanks for the advice. It's up and running now. I think I was aiming at the wrong satellite originally, and it was keeping me from hitting the other two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)