Strongest Transponder list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Hi there
Sticky had a thread with the strongest transponder in each satellite, but that thread is already closed. However a lot of water has gone under the bridge since first published in 2006. Even some of those sat are not longer available, being replaced with new ones. Was the most updated list ever published in a single document before the thread was closed?

If not, is there any other updated list available or is a good oportunity to start another list? One with tTps for C and Ku bands....

The sticky above by Iceberg is pretty much kept up to date for the most part...ku only. The date of 2006 is when he first began that thread I think, but just reference the first page of the sticky where he has the list.

Yes that list is up to date. Any Sat that is gone is not in that list. If you look at the bottom of the list it will say when it was last updated. Which was not too long ago.

I saw all the email saying " list updated, list updated, but I could never see the consolidated list except the one issued in 2006. Do you mind sending the link to the most updated consolidated list?

it is updated as need be. If you look at the end of the post it says

Last edited by Iceberg; 02-05-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated a bunch

Thats what ya go by :)
The transponder list was last updated on 2/5 when I removed 74 & 79 and renamed one satellite (I think it was 87w)

That 1st post is the most updated...it was easier to do it that way. The reason I put "updated" as a post was so it showed the thread with "new post"

Hi Iceberg, I checked the list again, the one edited 02-06-2012 at 12:19 AM. It is a fantastic list for Ku Band transponders
Do you know if there is any strongest transponder list for C-Band?

I dont know of any really for C-Band. There might be one in the C-Band area but you'd have to search the threads. KU is easier for me as its motorized. C-Band I have to physically move the dish out of the garage and aim at the satellites so it does take a little longer.

thelist (at the top of the page) has C-Band listings that I have compiled with the 6 footer. So in most cases the TP is pretty strong

I would say that the best procedure is to monitor several sources for channels and compare the information from them all.
There is "THE LIST" SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList here on this site, lyngsat: LyngSat, Satbeams: SatBeams - Home and DR.Sat's: Dr. Sat :: Channels listing list of FTA channels.

Compare these lists and look for positive affirmation of specific channels (non-wildfeed or non-newsfeed channels) and consider channels which are listed on all these sources to be currently valid and thus usable for alignment purposes. It may not be fool-proof, but it is going to be about the best you are going to obtain without simply scanning for yourself.

RADAR

radar, do you have an extra polar mount for an 8' dish? mine is a polar mount from sadoun for a six foot and it's not solid unless i completely rebuild it. i have a 10' dish out on a farm that i could take down and recover the polar mount but if you got one for a decent price i would be interested. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)