Stuck In Uverse Hell- Thinking of Going Back to Dish, Need Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry if I offended with my Direct Tv comments. Your point is well taken, I have never tried them. I was looking at your avatar. Do you know about Neil Peart on Letterman tonight?
You did not offend me at all. I was just wondering if you had a bad experience with them.

Thanks for the info on Peart. He never appears on any show. He is much more reclusive than Alex and Getty

My 722K messed up far more recordings than my 922 has, with its tendency to only record a partial show.
There are many more posts with 922's going "over full" and deleting recordings than there are for partial show recording.. not that its any less irritating to have *either* happen.. but at least rare occurances (drive failure) on a 722k, for wiping out every single show you have on the drive like a 922... I'd also go for a 722k again.

There's also the 200 dollars extra you pay which you *never* get back. If it were that you paid the 200 and at the end of an upgrade term you "owned" the 922 that would at least be some return on the investment ... but the 922 is 200 up front, and 4 more per month than other DVR's. I'm also not a fan of the graphical layout ... wasteful on resources drawing pretty pictures rather than simplicity ... though have to admit Dish could get better about menuing and grouping

This is all very helpful, please keep it coming. For what it's worth my 722 has been the most stable DVR I have ever owned. I loved it, especially with the seamless (in my case anyway) intergration with the EHD. Dodger King- You are right he is never on any shows. I believe this is "drum solo" week on Letterman. But check info it is tonight or Thursday now that I think about it.

Luckily I haven't had the "over full" issue - that would really suck. I'd probably switch providers if my DVR ever erased all my programs for any reason other than hardware failure.

This is all very helpful, please keep it coming. For what it's worth my 722 has been the most stable DVR I have ever owned. I loved it, especially with the seamless (in my case anyway) intergration with the EHD. Dodger King- You are right he is never on any shows. I believe this is "drum solo" week on Letterman. But check info it is tonight or Thursday now that I think about it.

Now are you talking about just a 722? not the "k",with the 722k when you get the MT2(OTA Dual Over The Air Tuner Module) with it, you can record up to 4 programs at once (2 OTA+2Satellite) while watching a previously recorded program.It's what I use because I could not see paying$200. upfront for something(922) I was going to lease,then there is the $4. extra on the DVR fee making it $10. a month.:eek:

So far I really like it!.:D

Is the MT2 hardware I can add to an existing 722 or is it a whole different DVR? Right now I have a regular 722.

Thanks

KWarner take heed to what Scott has posted. The 722k is a good box. Your postings about uverse are 100% accurate. I had it installed in my mothers house for a while and the only thing great about uverse I can say is their SD picture quality is good. I was amazed how terrible their customer service is. I could go on and on about uverse but I would not be telling you anything you don't already know. I don't know how many receivers you will need but if you go back with Dish watch out for the dual tuner/ DVR fee for the additional boxes after the first one. Directv has a great product as well. Just compare the programming between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)