STUCK INSTALLING SWITCH PROBLEM

rabyf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
panama
i bougth a vip722k box and tried to install it myself only it gets stuck in step 3 of 7 installing switch i talked to sopport and they told me that must be a connection or receiving signal problem but i also tried it with an antenna that already hae another vip722k box so i get strength signal and locked satellite but it doesn't complete the installation please help

rabyf said:
i bougth a vip722k box and tried to install it myself only it gets stuck in step 3 of 7 installing switch i talked to sopport and they told me that must be a connection or receiving signal problem but i also tried it with an antenna that already hae another vip722k box so i get strength signal and locked satellite but it doesn't complete the installation please help

Try pressing *#* then that should take you to point dish and let you run a check switch then hopefully progress. If that doesn't work try * then the Live TV button and see if that helps.

thanks i tried the check switch and it gives me a 38 steps witch they told me that is a signal problem but i dont have a signal problem i will try the other thing thanks

When you hooked it up to the other satellite line that you know works, did you try running a check switch to verify it passed on this box and didn't go through 38 steps? If it goes through 38 steps, you will then see a message telling you that you have less satellite locations, which means a signal issue. The test should only go through 4 tests.

the thing is this i am in panama central america and i dont dare do anything with the box that is currently working dont want to mess something that is already working

How many dish antennas do you have? A 38-step check switch indicates that your dish antenna has legacy LNBs, or else it's not connected to anything at all. If you have another 722 that's working, I suggest unplugging it as a test and plugging in your new 722 in it's place and run the check switch there.

Note that you can't split any lines from your dish antenna to two different receivers. To help better, we need to know how these receivers are hooked up and to what.

What part? I have family in Chriqui and the city if David. I've been there multiple times and jealous I'm not there now. If the check switch on this 722 isn't passiing then it may be your lnb or switch or this specific line. You could also try running a check switch and save the results even if you get the message at the end because the person you bought this from May have been picking signal from more satellite locations than you do not at your current location. I would run the check switch test, save the results and post again with the satellites listed after you save the results.

the thing is this i am in panama central america and i dont dare do anything with the box that is currently working dont want to mess something that is already working

Aha. You probably have at least two very large dishes with legacy LNBs. There should be a switch somewhere, e.g. an SW64 or SW44. Note that TWO cables are necessary all the way from the switch to each of your 722's (one for each tuner).

look i have 1 satellite disch on 61.5 and is hooked to a working vip722k box what i do i unplug the box that is working and conect the new box

hello i am in colon not as nice as chiriqui yes thanks maybe is what you say
thank a lot i will keep trying

one thing i forgot to say is that when i run singnal test there is a 40% signal strength and the satelite is locked

rabyf said:
one thing i forgot to say is that when i run singnal test there is a 40% signal strength and the satelite is locked

I've actually been to Colon when I was young. My other talks about Colon every once in a while. Are you still getting hung on 3 of 7? Check signal strength on 61.5 transponder 10 in point dish. If you have low signal there,then that is most likely why it is getting stuck.