Advisement: Hopper/Joey linking issues with new software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Fat Man

aka. Dr. Fat Man
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 2, 2010
Land where we pronounce our "R" as "ah"
Just got my Hopper and two Joeys this afternoon. The Hopper works well, but won't sync with either Joey. The independent contractor works to fix the problem. He finally contacts Dish. Tells them the issue, the tech people explain that this is an issue with the new software. Dish's solution. The installer should climb to my roof, and realign the Dish from EA to the WA where I would lose my HD programming at 7:20 at night. That way the Hopper might get the signal to do so. I told the installer to forget it. I wasn't going to have him do that. To then need another installer realign my dish back to the EA to get the HD back. So please be advised that there is a glitch in the Hopper's new software and it causing the Hopper to not link with the Joeys.

Probably should go here :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/258-The-Hopper-Zone

Are you talking about the new S229 software? I've been hearing about that issue for new installs. Something about the Hoppers failing to download the new Joey software (S278) on EA. Perhaps Dish should stop pushing S229 to new receivers and instead use S222. That being said all of my Hoppers and Joeys have S229/S278 and have no issues at all. Then again I am not a new install, plus they're on WA.

I would recommend waiting and checking out the forums to see whenever they get this issue resolved. Don't let it get you down though, Hopper is pretty infamous for install issues, particularly with the Joeys throwing tantrums and random factory firmware bugs, but once the new software is downloaded to all receivers and all receivers are properly linked things go a LOT more smoothly from there.

EDIT: If you still have the Hopper installed you can also just add the Joeys later when MENU - MENU states "Available Joey Software" as S271 (or S278 ) or above.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)