Not supposed to happen...archiving and a copy???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Recorded an HBO movie on 722K. Dumped it onto EHD. Then moved it "back" to another 722. Stayed on EHD. Took back to 722K, and restored to it. STILL on EHD. Cool..but don't think it should be. Now have three "access" points. Did I miss something?

It shouldn't do that. It should only move the recording, not make a duplicate. Are you able to play all of them?
Watching two of them as we speak!!!
After transfer back to 722k, it was deleted from EHD...BUT, both receivers are still playing it.

Check, Check, double check...both still going...NOTE..They both show the padlock icon in the "recordings" list, but does not affect anything.

This doesn't seem like a real problem, like pixelating video on the half hour and hour every hour, every day for seven months.

Yep; I'd see this more as a "good feature". Wish I could get my EHD to do this - then I could move the duplicate copy to a different EHD & would have a backup of the stuff on my EHD!

You can easily copy programs from one EHD to another by connecting it to a PC running Linux. I prefer the Scientific Linux 5.x LiveDVD myself. Drag and drop simplicity.

Note that these programs are encrypted and stay encrypted, and cannot be played from the PC running any OS so far as I know.

Any time I've moved a recording back to my 722 it shows up as Padlocked which I think just means it can't be auto deleted if maximum number ofr recordings is reached. I can still delete them manually.

Well it also keeps you from deleting through restoring another recording over the the recoding you just restored....
Saving you from yourself. Could use different degrees of locking--just not sure that I can even name them.
And sure could use groups on the EHD.
How about:
Deleting recording from both restore and transfer menus?
Displaying the space left on internal as well as external drive?
Renaming or regrouping recordings on external?
Size of recording without having to have an external drive on?
-Ken

Last edited:
It has not happened in quite awhile but I have seen a transfer stay on the receiver after transferring a copy to the EHD. I think the process hangs up after the last transfer, and so the marker was not sent to the receiver to delete the program.

Just a throw-out of info. First of all, it was an HBO movie (We Bought A Zoo). The 722 I transferred recording TO, has two sets connected...one HDMI, the other component. Yes, when trying to watch the component set (for HBO, etc) we have to turn on the HDMI set. When I made the transfer, wife was watching the set connected via HDMI and the component set was also on. After transfer, it stayed on EHD. Then I put it back on 722K. So, I dunno...but I now have it on both receivers. NOT complaining.

lol, I was thinking try doing it with another program set up exactly as when you transferred the one that duplicated......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts