Stumped - but close

clint501

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Being somewhat of a newbie doing this:eek: - I took the plunge and downloaded the newest CE's last night. It seems they DL'd successfully on my HR21 and my H21.
I have been using the DirecTV2PC on my computer and wanted to see if the MRV function would work on the H21. The recordings work good on the DirecTV2PC since I hardwired my network with CAT5 cable (runs much smoother than wireless).

I have a 2Wire gateway (3800HGV-B) in which everything is networked. (Using AT&T 10meg DL & 1.5 UL). I see the areas in Misc Options Menu and MRV is enabled on both the HR21 (where my recording reside) and the H21 (where I want to watch the recordings).

However, I see no menu item on the H21 so I can select a recording from the HR21. Both say they are successfully connected to the internet. I can also see them on the "networked system" on my Vista software.
What am I missing????:confused:

Did you hit list on the remote of the H21 to bring up the DVR listing? Also did you do a keyword search "mrvclienton" on the H21?

:):):):)
You got it for me!
It's amazing that one button wasn't pushed.
I had typed in the MRVCLIENTON several times then went to check the MENUS to see if the HR21 recordings were listed. Nowhere - zip - nada.

I guess the only access to the menu is the LIST button on the remote.

It works.:up

Thanks - I knew it must be something simple.

Did you hit list on the remote of the H21 to bring up the DVR listing? Also did you do a keyword search "mrvclienton" on the H21?

Glad it is working for you. I love this option with the Directv receivers. This will be one feature that could really pull them away from other DVR's.

:DYes, I agree. I had AT&T U-Verse tv for a few weeks and that's one of the features I liked. DirecTV HD quality is still way ahead of U-Verse (at least in my situation - I was a bit far from the "box" to get good HD quality).

:)I love being able to watch my recordings on the H21. :up

Glad it is working for you. I love this option with the Directv receivers. This will be one feature that could really pull them away from other DVR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts