Stupid directv blackout today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
The ohio state-illinios game was blacked out here for some reason. The miami- virginia tech game was on the abc i get. We don't get locals here yet so i get locals out of new york. The ohio state game was in the guide to be on espn. Well they decide to black out the ohio state game out on espn even though i can't get locals to watch it on a local abc. How stupid is that. So everyone in the area that has directv that are ohio state fans are probably really upset unless they had basic cable too. I thought the stupid blackouts were only for mostly pro teams. :mad:

sounds more like espn than d*. did you look at the regional coverage maps? i was blacked out of oregon vs cal

Where do you find the coverage maps at? I know i'm not alone in thinking this but why punish markets that don't have their locals yet by blacking out a game that would otherwise be on if you had cable or could get your local channels. Sounds like a lose-lose for customers and directv if espn indeed decides to black out there games. I know they probably want me to get gameplan so i could watch the game in glorious sd. Even then since it's suppose to be my local game it would probably still be blacked out. Thanks for the response though and hopefully i won't be blacked out of any more of their games on espn.

nevermind, i'm a dumbass. if you had an ohio abc channel, you would have got it. that is the problem.

The ESPN/ABC games are like that

if your local ABC carries the game, its blacked out on ESPN and vise versa

what locals market are you in?

yeah it doesnt look like D* has locals

The Ohio ST game was pretty much in all of Big 10 territory so you had to see it on local ABC

The ohio state-illinios game was blacked out here for some reason. The miami- virginia tech game was on the abc i get. We don't get locals here yet so i get locals out of new york. The ohio state game was in the guide to be on espn. Well they decide to black out the ohio state game out on espn even though i can't get locals to watch it on a local abc. How stupid is that. So everyone in the area that has directv that are ohio state fans are probably really upset unless they had basic cable too. I thought the stupid blackouts were only for mostly pro teams. :mad:

It was ESPN and not Directv. Charter had the same issue. Also they moved the game not seen on ESPN to ESPN Alt. Not sure why they do that other than it is not in HD when that happens. I also had that feeds on ESPN Gameplan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)