lov watching HD...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
I do love watching tv in HD, But these HDDVR's when changing channels they are just to slow :rant:

D* if you read these threads could you please do something to fix this problem.

I really do lov the HD that I am getting from your service.

Thanks
Darrell B

meldar_b

Is Native option under display settings on or off. Alot of installers are stupidly setting it to native which causes changes to happen slower as each hd channel broadcast in different hd formats.

other than being slow, does Native do any harm to tv or rcvr?
Only if you lie to the receiver about the capabilities of your display. Most displays can reject signals that they can't deal with, but it is not a good idea to test the theory.

there are a few things you have to concider. 1- as the other guys posted about native setting. 2- you have to understand your reciever is also a computer, when you tell your computer to do something, it has to process the command before doing it, then it does it. same thing with the recivers, and these machines are running older proccesors. 3- when you change the channel, the reciever tells the lnb/multiswitch which satellite and which transponder to get that channel from, that is alot of info to process. So really if you think about it, it all happens pretty fast, we for the most part are just impatient.

there are a few things you have to concider. 1- as the other guys posted about native setting. 2- you have to understand your reciever is also a computer, when you tell your computer to do something, it has to process the command before doing it, then it does it. same thing with the recivers, and these machines are running older proccesors. 3- when you change the channel, the reciever tells the lnb/multiswitch which satellite and which transponder to get that channel from, that is alot of info to process. So really if you think about it, it all happens pretty fast, we for the most part are just impatient.

I could agree with that if Dish's boxes weren't 100 times faster than D* boxes. D* boxes are way slower and it's extremely annoying since I just came over from Dish.

I could agree with that if Dish's boxes weren't 100 times faster than D* boxes. D* boxes are way slower and it's extremely annoying since I just came over from Dish.

Boy, that is fast. I hit guide on my HR21-100 and it took 1.6 seconds to come up, so the Dish boxes do it in 0.016 seconds, that's great;)

Boy, that is fast. I hit guide on my HR21-100 and it took 1.6 seconds to come up, so the Dish boxes do it in 0.016 seconds, that's great;)
from experience it is much faster. :)

I checked the settings and my native is off. I had both 480i and 1080i selected, I deselected 480i rebooted my DVR just in case. double checked the settings and I see no difference in the channel changing speed.

Thanks for the responses

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts