Stupid multiswitch, or is it me!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cnspotz

Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Okay, here's the deal. I used to have one single tuner and one dual tuner and everything worked fine. I now have two dual tuner receivers and the video signal is occasionally not detected to record a program. I have a Directv triple lnb with three cables running from the dish to a cable junction box. The cable junction box has two separate cables running to receiver 1 and two separate cables running to receiver 2. I installed a Dynex 3x4 Multi-Switch (model DX-MS102) in the cable junction box and used two of the three lines from the dish to connect to the Sat inputs on the Multi-Switch. I connected each of the four line outputs on the Multi-Switch to a separate cable line. Two of the four lines went to receiver 1, and the other two went to receiver 2. I now only detect one satellite (101 I think), and occasionally a show is not recorded because the "video signal was not detected." The Multi-Switch diagram states that a Diplexer is needed at the receiver, but I assume that is when only one cable is run to a dual tuner receiver. Do I have the wrong type of Multi-Switch? Please help!!

Tom Cahill said:
You need to take out the multiswitch and run a new line from the dish to the receiver.3x4 swithes don't work with your type of dish.
Actually 3 X 4 switches do work but they only deliver the 101 signal and if your receiver is set to 3 sat. it will produce erratic results which is what you are seeing. :)

boba said:
Actually 3 X 4 switches do work but they only deliver the 101 signal and if your receiver is set to 3 sat. it will produce erratic results which is what you are seeing. :)

ditto.

with the Phase 3 Dishes.. you HAVE to connect all 4 LNB connections to a multiswitch if one is to be used and you need the other sats on ANY receivers. Otherwise you will jsut get 101 and erratic results.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was hoping to prevent adding the fourth line as the dish isn't too convenient to access. At least I can return the switch and get my $$ back. Sounds like if I ever add more receivers I'll need a 4 by XX switch to work with my dish.

Cheers!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)