Stupid question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seabow

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Sorry for the newbie question, but what exactly is a mirror fee?

From what I can gather, a mirror fee is simply a fee for a second dvr?

All this talk about lease fee just being another name for mirror fee is getting me confused.

According to Directv's website, the lease fee for a dvr only applies for your second dvr. So if you only have one, there will be no lease fee?

correct. The mirror fee/lease fee. Is charged for each additional receiver you have beyond the first

Cool. That's not so bad then. Maybe in a year or so the price of an HD DVR will drop to 200 and that won't be bad at all. :)

The Mirror fee

So what is being said? Is the mirror fee for a second DVR or is it for ant additional receiver? I own two receivers and one DvR. I get bashed with 2 mirror fees. It's not a lease, it is a crap charge. They told me its because I am making the system work. I told them, since i own the transponder and that is doing all the work, why are they charging me for it? IT's JUST ANOTHER WAY of SUCKING US DRY.

Last edited:
Hytops said:
So what is being said? Is the mirror fee for a second DVR or is it for ant additional receiver? I own two receivers and one DvR. I get bashed with 2 mirror fees. It's not a lease, it is a crap charge. They told me its because I am making the system work. I told them, since i own the transponder and that is doing all the work, why are they charging me for it? IT's JUST ANOTHER WAY of SUCKING US DRY.

What are you talking about?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)