Sub Forums

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We could probably get rid of the Azbox one.

I just got an email in offering me the new Openbox 12. Who actually makes that box or does every company in China who cn make a satellite box just call their boxes Openbox?

Question: Why are there sub forums for AZBox and MicroHD receivers, but not for Openbox, Optibox and Skybox?

Then sub/sub forums for each of the manufacturers and hardware design of each of these receivers.... LOL!!!

Remember, most these receivers are only generic name badges that get slapped on whatever STB is falling of the end of a manufacturer's production line. You are not dealing with one company and one product.

Well Maybe an "STB all others forum" and the current hot STBs have an individual forum. I would do microHD, OpenBox, AZBox, All Others. But traffic for AZ is slower than OpenBox so might do away with that one and put it in the All Others. But if I was in charge we would be in touble LOL.

The azbox at the time was unique so we had a different forum but like Scott said maybe that can be removed
The microHD since it has a gold sponsor attached and support from them I feel it deserves its own area :)

I have always been against 250 subforums for each receiver out there. Since most now are the same innerds with different name on it (or in the case of Openbox...a new number) why bother?

We could probably get rid of the Azbox one.

Although you are free to make that decision as you are the owner of these forums, we at AzBox Canada would greatly appreciate it if the AzBox forum would remain available. In addition to being the official distributor for AzBox products in Canada, we have also released a few versions of our customised version of the AZtrino firmware for the North American market for the AzBox Me and soon for the other models as well based on feedback from the AzBox forum here at SatelliteGuys.US. Although there is another AzBox forum at Rick's, we at AzBox Canada are banned from posting in that forum due to the fact that we are considered to be a competitive threat.

As of this day, our firmware is the only one which has working blind scan for 5150 C-band and 10750 Ku-band LNBF's which are commonly used here in North America. We are also working on Android development as well which will bring advanced multimedia and Internet based applications to the AzBox Me so it is vital that we continue to have a stable forum for North American user feedback on our progress. As of now, we always post new AzBox related information here first but will often see some of this information copy pasted to other discussion forums by other users.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Azbox is a popular, currently available and commonly-used FTA satellite receiver. For that reason alone, regardless who sponsors what, there should be an area for those who have an Azbox, or are interested in learning about it, to discuss the product.

I know I could have searched around. With that said.

What CPU does the azbox use?

I do enjoy sub forums for specialized information on specialized equipment.... I can ignore them! Or I can find information on particular features (documented or not)! I do not know if sub forums cost extra, but, it seems to me that if archived, will become a good source of information --- if the threads are kept OT.

rv1pop said:
Would that be in the AZBOX sub forum?

It sure was. I think... (sigma)

Perhaps sub's for STB's CPU mfr.

I think that the AzBox should have a sub-forum. They are not the typical Traxis or Geosat units and in the past they have required a lot of user intervention to get them working. They seem to be 'nix based at the moment and are very user configurable at a very low level.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

There is a major upgrade in progress for the Enigma2 software for the Azbox ME that is currently in beta. In the mean time things do seem to have slowed down a bit. I am very satisfied with my ME and highly recommend one for a persons consideration. However it is different from my Coolsat, Openbox, Pansat and I assume MicroHD. It will do things that the MicroHD will not (4:2:2) but will not do some things the MicroHD will do (H8PSK and 16APSK). I was thankful for the help I received here and at Rick's with my ME. Pwrsurge just posted some info in the Azbox forum that was very helpful that I am unsure where he would have posted it otherwise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts