Subbing Dish from Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Installer

the installer may not have any problem with it. He may just think that it is going in for a prewire of the house. Once done then he can call it in as done. Then it can be moved north.

I have a US address, other possibilites I guess would be using a relative´s or friend´s or employer´s address.

Don't use an employer's work address. They might flag you for a commercial account. That would be ungood.

Wonder how many people sub in the USA and bring the equipment to Canada either all the time or some of the time?

Try using
9601 S. Meridian Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80112
As an address it shouldn't get flagged dish never looks inside itself.

If you own the equipment and do your own install then you will be part of the flex account. They will just turn it on. If a csr tells you that you need a truck roll hang up and try again.

One really annoying thing is often the latest season of a series is not available in Canada, they are showing last season or in some cases nothing at all. This is especially bad considering nowadays many people like to follow a series and also participate in online fan communities. When you're a season behind, it's ruined.

That's the case down here in the U.S. with Canadian shows such as when DaVinci's Inquest and Corner Gas were shown here in the U.S.

One really annoying thing is often the latest season of a series is not available in Canada, they are showing last season or in some cases nothing at all. This is especially bad considering nowadays many people like to follow a series and also participate in online fan communities. When you're a season behind, it's ruined.

I almost never watch the regular big networks, I prefer specialty channels.

Well OK, in the case of seres aired on the big US networks, some Canadian services have the US Networks, now specialty channels that may be an issue, for example I am a Stargate Universe fan, and if you don´t have Syfy you´ll have to watch it on Space, although they run the same season they will air the episode 3 days later than in the US...

If you own the equipment and do your own install then you will be part of the flex account. They will just turn it on. If a csr tells you that you need a truck roll hang up and try again.

What is a "flex account"?

Maybe I am just too paranoid about what the installer thinks, I mean will they really care if the house appears to be vacant and/or under construction? Do they personally even care about things like this anyway considering it doesn't affect their bottom line? Or maybe it does affect them in a way I am not thinking of?

What is a "flex account"?

Maybe I am just too paranoid about what the installer thinks, I mean will they really care if the house appears to be vacant and/or under construction? Do they personally even care about things like this anyway considering it doesn't affect their bottom line? Or maybe it does affect them in a way I am not thinking of?

I´ll PM you some info on the flex account.
I guess if it´s a house and you have your tv that shouldn´t raise a flag per se, but if the place you bring them for installation is a vacant bar, restaurant, well then....

Hi

Another canuck looking to sub....

No US address I am afraid.

Any help on how to get service would be appreciated. Seems I can get equipment and call to activate but wouldn't I get rumbled with my non US credit card?

Help!

Stern_howie said:
Hi

Any help on how to get service would be appreciated. Seems I can get equipment and call to activate but wouldn't I get rumbled with my non US credit card?

Help!

I have used a Canadian Visa credit card since January 1995, first with Direct/USSB and with Dish since Feb2006

Hi

Help!

If you buy your own equipment and don´t apply for promotions, you should not have a problem if you don´t have a US credit card (or SSN)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)